Goldman Sachs expects over $1.2 bln losses from consumer unit this year - Bloomberg News

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Jun 28, 2022.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

murray t turtle and dealmaker like this.
  2. lwlee

lwlee

Damn GS trying to diversify like how MS did with asset management but not having nearly the same success. GS has always been the top dog, seeing them fail is a bit shocking.

3. Nobert

Nobert

Is it them loosing or is it their assets under managament.

In both cases, it's a fart in the wind for them.
    Besides, i guess, they're deep in China, education sector & etc.

IMG_20220630_050529.jpg

4. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

I have a Marcus account and I think its great. They have automatically raised the interest rate on my savings account from .75% to 1%. One of the best rates you can get. I did not have to do anything.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Thanks for the info, thats great you didn’t have to leave your basement.

6. schizo

schizo

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. %%
    I think they should have kept the 1933 Glass Stegall separation. But the 1933 Glass Stegall FDIC is a good idea.
    WHY?? Most likely/a way to get Mr david Solomon + Co some hi volume credit card gold, so to speak.......

8. easymon1

easymon1

Internal Charts Show Treasury Agency Assigned to Measure Risk in U.S. Markets Slept through the Repo Crisis of 2019 and the Fed’s $19.87 Trillion Bailout

[​IMG]
    By Pam Martens and Russ Martens: July 7, 2022 ~ The Office of Financial Research (OFR), a unit of the U.S. Treasury Department, was created under the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation of 2010. Its job is to prevent, through early warnings, the kind of catastrophic financial crisis that occurred in 2008 when irresponsible and corrupt practices on Wall Street toppled the U.S. economy; brought on the deepest financial crisis since the Great Depression; and left the taxpayer and Fed bailing out the Wall Street megabanks that would have otherwise collapsed from their own hubris. Unfortunately, the OFR was savagely gutted under the Trump administration. Today, OFR is like the cop on the beat that has been stripped of his whistle, his walkie-talkie and is wearing dark sun glasses on a cloudy day. One of the tools that the OFR is supposed to use to warn federal regulators that Wall Street is … Continue reading →

9. easymon1

easymon1

• Fed’s Inspector General Clears Powell of Wrongdoing in Trading Scandal, One Day After Five Senators Accuse Him of Hampering Investigation
      From wallstreetonparade.com

[​IMG]

Yesterday afternoon, Mark Bialek, the Inspector General of the Federal Reserve, released a memorandum clearing Fed Chair Jerome Powell and former Fed Vice Chair Richard Clarida of wrongdoing in the trading scandal that has engulfed multiple officials of the Federal Reserve. Curiously, that memorandum came just one day after Senator Sherrod Brown, Chair of the Senate Banking Committee, and four other Democratic colleagues in the Senate, sent Powell a letter about the trading scandal. The letter suggested that Powell was hampering the investigation and took him to task for failing to put the force of law and a chain of ... (full story)

10. Overnight

Overnight

"After the Fed’s Inspector General released his memorandum yesterday afternoon, Senator Elizabeth Warren, who has been persistent in demanding answers from the Fed about the trading scandal, posted a Tweet with this statement: “The Inspector General found clear evidence of financial activity by Fed officials that wasn’t allowed or disclosed. This behavior by top economic policymakers shouldn’t be swept under the rug. We need accountability & stronger ethics rules to end conflicts of interest at the Fed.”

We also need accountability for YOU, Warren, you cunt, about what YOU are doing with OUR money! True definition of a Masshole.

#10     Jul 17, 2022