Good riddance Brian Kelly!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tango29, Dec 1, 2021.

1. tango29

tango29

I grew up on Notre Dame and ND football. My Dad was an undergraduate, and after WW2 a law school graduate, so I was brain washed from birth, and loved it up until the Kelly era. For whatever reason, even though his record there was great, I could never stand the guy. So see ya, don't let the door hit you in the ass!
    At the same time, if they call Urban Meyer, I'll never watch another ND football game again.

wrbtrader likes this.
  2. Vtechno

Vtechno

Touchdown, Jesus!!

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm not a big Notre Dame fan as much as I'm not a big fan of any other college football team. Yet, I do have a lot of respect for Notre Dame football not because I'm Catholic but because one of my brothers has a son that attends Notre Dame (a Junior), two close friends of mine that were college roommates have three children attending University of Notre Dame and a good friend of mine in Chicago that's a photographer is an active alumnus of Notre Dame.

In addition, I have a few friends that I went to school in Kentucky in grade school (elementary)...all are graduates of Notre Dame and a few of them now have children that are currently undergraduates of Notre Dame.

Childhood friends and one of my brother's (a doctor in South Dakota) recently had a reunion at Notre Dame (their kids / students at University of Notre Dame not in image) for a big football weekend in which I was bombarded with cell phone videos of Notre Dame songs and parades.

Notre-Dame-Friends-Family-Small.png

They all hold it against me
    in a playful way for going to college in Europe and then coming back for graduate school in the U.S. after the military...I did not select Notre Dame for graduate school and I playfully tell all of them it's because of their undying love for Notre Dame. :D

I liked Brian Kelly. Yet, I'm not a fan of Notre Dame's new coach although I do understand how most college teams prefer to promote from within when a coach gets hired away to another team. It just pisses me off when those coaches leave for their new team in the season soon before bowl announcements or playoff bowl announcements.

In addition, many people are aware of Notre Dame's French heritage and Irish identity. However, very few are aware of Notre Dame's rich history with Native Americans and its sad connection to Kentucky...a story that should be embraced with their connection to the Native American community and the University of Notre Dame.

I guess I'll bite my lip and say...

Go Fighting Irish.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Forgot to mention the University of Notre Dame's new football coach...its Marcus Freeman that was promoted to lead the Fighting Irish after the Brian Kelly era.

Marcus-Freeman-Notre-Dame-New-Football-Coach-Dec-2021.png
    https://www.wndu.com/2021/12/02/reports-marcus-freeman-will-be-notre-dames-new-head-football-coach/

This guy I do not like but I understand he's well respected by the players on the team and I wouldn't be surprised if his selection had input from the football players.

Yet, a recent poll of students at Notre Dame...they're not happy about Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame to coach at LSU nor happy about how Kelly did it.

Marcus-Freeman-Notre-Dame-New-Football-Coach-Students-Not-Happy.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  5. tango29

tango29

He has done this before, including calling in his resignation instead of face to face. A friend has a son that worked in the football program at one of the places where Kelly formerly coached, and he never had much good to say when I talked to him after he went to ND.

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Brian Kelly will be making 100 million over 10 years plus a bunch of 6 figure bonuses...oh my god.
    That's why he left Notre Dame plus he now has a new fake southern accent. :D :rolleyes:

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022