Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 13, 2017.

1. There can be only one GOAT , but really there should be two.

#11     Jan 11, 2018
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Eric Clapton Reveals He Has Tinnitus

1/10/2018 by Rania Aniftos

[​IMG]
    Neil Lupin/Redferns via Getty Images
    Eric Clapton performs at Royal Albert Hall on May 14, 2015 in London.
    Eric Clapton revealed Tuesday (Jan. 9) that he is losing his hearing and was diagnosed with tinnitus.
    Tinnitus is “the perception of noise or ringing in the ears,” according to Mayo Clinic. It is often a symptom of a more severe condition, such as hearing loss or an ear injury.
    “I am still going to work. I’m doing a few gigs,” the 72-year old guitarist said in an interview with Steve Wright on BBC Radio 2 while discussing his documentary, Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars. “I’m concerned with now is being in my 70s and being able to be proficient. I mean, I’m going deaf, I’ve got tinnitus, my hands just about work. I mean, I am hoping that people will come along and see me for more than that [because] I am a curiosity. I know that is part of it, because it’s amazing to myself that I am still here.”
    Clapton also suffers with peripheral neuropathy, which causes weakness and pain in hands and feet, making it difficult to play guitar. The legend, however, still has some concerts lined up in New York and Los Angeles in March 2018.

#12     Jan 12, 2018
  3. spindr0

spindr0

I tuned into Clapton in the 60's when he was in his 3rd or 4th band, The Yardbirds. Since then he has played in other great bands such as John Mayall, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek & The Dominos and others. It saddens me to read this.

#13     Jan 12, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Right performer, right song. :-|

#14     Jan 12, 2018
    tomorton likes this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Number 5 in the list of all time top rock songs:

#15     Jan 25, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. RRY16

RRY16

#16     Jan 31, 2018
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I think that in a Cream documentary on Netflix a few years ago he said he had tinnitus but it didn't bother him.

#17     Feb 2, 2018
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

#18     Jan 17, 2019
  9. Anyone into Tool here?

#19     Jan 17, 2019
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

They're incredible. Ya know an analysis of some of their stuff actually shows a Fibonacci sequence incorporated in the arrangements. Not sure if that was by design or not, but its definitely there.

#20     Jan 17, 2019
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.