Half of NFL Player’s Salary to be Paid in Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bone, Dec 29, 2020.

1. bone

bone

Carolina Panthers offensive lineman Russell Okung believes in bitcoin. Last May, Okung tweeted he wanted to be paid in Bitcoin. On Tuesday, he finally got his wish.

Half of Okung’s $13 million salary will be paid in Bitcoin, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  2. Stupid virtue signaling.

The demand that they be paid in BTC only shows their ignorance.

Anyone can convert their "$USD salary" to BTC any time they want.

3. userque

userque

We really need to do something about the educational system.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I wonder why he did not or could not just get paid and then convert (buy) Bitcoins when its the most convenient for him ???

If he believes in Bitcoins so much....back his salary in USD...store it in the bank like normal people and then purchase Bitcoins on the dips, pullbacks and such. Not rocket science.

wrbtrader

5. userque

userque

When direct deposit first started, you would have said, "Why get direct deposit? Just cash your paycheck, and deposit whatever you want into the bank."

It's a matter of convenience, and laziness.

Regarding buying bitcoin on the dips ... not everyone wants to be bothered with watching the markets. Especially those with NFL salaries.

6. Perilace

Perilace

Today's world demands modern solutions. It seems to me that it is normal that a person chooses what he likes best and what provides his comfort. And everyone can and should act this way, because it really works. And only if you declare - openly and clearly about your desire - can you get what you need. And it doesn't just work with these public figures, by the way; anyone can try it. But the growth potential of bitcoin is really great and that's hard to deny at the moment, so I think that the athlete will obviously be able to get a lot more out of this solution than those people who stick to more traditional solutions. So it's all cool, I support it.

7. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

It's a statement more than anything else...and probably not a very wise one.
    BTC is starting to get hot after the insane run so it draws in a ton of dumb cash.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. HOGWASH!

Player agreed to a salary denominated in $USD. He can convert his money to BTC any time he wants. The team is not obligated to do other than pay him "as agreed by contract". Should there be any complications or slippage in the conversion to BTC, that would be on the player. Team should not get involved.

(I presume we're talking about an existing contract. If a "new" one, anything can be agreed upon.)

murray t turtle and Spooz Top 2 like this.
  9. If the number of Bitcoins depends on the USD/Bitcoin exchange rate he is being paid in US dollars - not Bitcoin.

.sigma likes this.
  10. Of course.

#10     Dec 29, 2020