Harry Reid says glad markets closed Monday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by silk, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Bond mkts drive equities which leads me to believe the dip will be bought since bonds are closed monday. Tuesday is the day to watch imo.

#11     Oct 13, 2013
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Not in the least Sir

============

Interesting tidbit btw;

Blueberries continue ripening after being picked…, where strawberries won't

Me thinks a tad more deliberation in order when selecting that ovarian wonder

Both are incredibly delicious

RN

#12     Oct 13, 2013
  3. The area in and around Atlantic County NJ, RN, is reputed to have the world's best blueberries. I didn't know they continue to ripen and that strawberries don't.

BTW, while I, of course, agree with all that say that the approach of not caring about the outcome of any particular trade is how one should trade I still have not retired my cheer leader outfit. Given how bad I look in it, I'm dying to be done with it. The concept of a positive expectation is an easy thing to learn ... I played a great deal of poker as a kid and understood it even then but to not root for the trade is, at least for me, very tough to implement.

#13     Oct 13, 2013
  4. This really bugs me that our representatives are so ignorant. True FX and interest rates will have a different schedule but the markets (world wide inc US) ARE open.:mad: :mad:

#14     Oct 13, 2013
  5. Redneck

Redneck

SN

There exist millions of rocks (probably more)…. Of those, there rests a rather non descript rock next to an oak tree in my back yard

I know because I placed it there – and so too, now you are aware

======================

Do you care that rock exists… or why that rock is placed where it is (curious – possibly… care – I would say not in the least – and rightfully so)

=======================

What is it that makes this extraordinarily bland rock different from a trade.., or a trade’s outcome?

Both are one of many… neither particularly distinctive… save likely for the import we place upon each

Wonder why we do that

Something to think through Sir

=====================

Trust you’ll not interpret this as some guru BS… but rather as an open ended way of stirring the thinking juices Sir

A nectar I also find quite delectable

RN

#15     Oct 13, 2013
  6. RN, I have read your posts for years and they have frequently caused me to think a bit deeper than I had. On this one (as opposed to some others) my problem is not a lack of understanding -- your comment about the individual rock vis-a-vis the rock population makes complete sense to me.

I just wish I didn't focus so much on the rock I put in play ... lol.

#16     Oct 13, 2013
  7. Redneck

Redneck

SN

Not only one out of a million (or whatever)

But also;

Simply because something exists, it not necessary we place significance on it

That is a choice

Rocks... trades… granules of salt… fish bubbles

It’s all academic till we make it personal

Determining why it personal – can very well lead to it ceasing to be

The demarcation of true freedom

RN

#17     Oct 13, 2013
  8. RN,

I've always suspected you are the furthest thing from what a New Yorker would consider a sterotypical redneck ... lol. In fact I suspect you are not a redneck in any sense; too sophisticated, subtle (at times) and intelectual. Yet you must consider this: When a man tells you that he is hoping to get rid of the cheer leader costume because he looks so bad in it he already recognizes that:

"The fault is not in our stars ... but in ourselves ...'"

It is all a choice. I thank you for your help but even Cassius and Brutus were bound by different restraints.

#18     Oct 13, 2013
  9. It would be the first lower high seen in a long time, even beyond July 19th.

This is a turn to me, followed by another higher low and another lower high lower than this one, or followed by a breach lower low followed by another lower high then on down to either a higher low above the breach lower low or to a higher low followed by more uptrend.

#19     Oct 13, 2013
  10. ES leveling back to thurday's close from the looks of it ..so far.

#20     Oct 13, 2013