Have a virus. Need help!

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by clacy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. clacy

clacy

Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of a virus? I mistakenly clicked on a google link and it must have downloaded then.

Now when I click on google websites like Best Buy or Target, it takes me to some bogus shopping website. Then if I page back and re-click the link, it takes me to the right website.

I'm have AVG free addition and often use firefox, although at the time I was running IE :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. gnome

gnome

Can you do a System Restore to an earlier date? Or, do you have a backup image or clone?

3. clacy

clacy

When you do a system restore, you can pick a date to restore it to?

4. Redneck

Redneck

I use NOD32, and Spyware Doctor (Both of which you have to pay for) - as far as "Free" Virus protection - No Clue

Good Luck

5. gnome

gnome

When you run the restore function, you'll get a calendar with dates highlighted... usually you'd first want to try the most recent. If then doesn't work, then the next most recent.

System Restore doesn't always work, however. Some corruptions also foul previous restore points.

6. clacy

clacy

Ok, I will try the restore and if that doesn't work, I'll go from there. Thanks for the input guys.

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

8. clacy

clacy

9. Need Help! I'm having the same issue as the orginal poster. I keep running the above anti-virus. Under SuperAntiSpy I have about 37 Registry items that are detected. I try to delete them, but they don't seem to go away. SuperAnti tells me to reboot to get rid of some of them. But when I reboot they are still there.

Looks like the name of the virus is Juan or something like that...

Any one have any other suggestions?

#10     Jan 2, 2009