"Have we now topped . . . " Part 2

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Wallace, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Updated D W M charts

Correction Fibos:

Yellow: LL Fri Feb 9/18 ~ 2543.500 -- HH Fri Sep 21/18 ~ 2947.000 - - 403.5 point range.

Blue: LL Mon Apr 2/18 ~ 2560.250 - Fri Sep 21/18 ~ HH 2947.000

D fri oct 12 18.jpg

W fri oct 12 18.jpg

When I look at the Monthly chart I get the impression it's just doing a somewhat aggressive Correction that may last into Jan - Feb next year when a new - 'final' ? rally begins. The formation so far just doesn't appear to be a 'goin' to Hell' scenario.

So this side of the Correction may last a few months, but I don't expect it to go as low as the LL made earlier this year — I've been known to be wrong ;

M fri oct 12 18.jpg

The Estimate

Estimate fri oct 12 18.jpg

2. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

That just goes to show that things are not what they seem.

The trend is definitely down, fundamentally.

But as an aside there is x$ every week falling into retirement funds. Always hard to tell what is going on.

FYI - most funds get a % of funds under management. All you have to do to not mess this up is keep the market at even or more.

Still I am going all in on a decline at least for Monday.

3. 1. "trend down, fundamentally".... seems so, but bull markets are notorious for ignoring/deflecting/"fighting-off" negatives "up to a point" before topping ... sometimes for quite a while.

Could be that "2x matched high" in the Dow was in fact, IT! But it's only one of a few possible/reasonable reads at this time, IMV.

2. "Going all-in on a decline"? Chasing the short or BTFD??

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. bone

bone

Please be careful about in what context you use the term "trend". It's a powerful term that very few understand correctly. We would have much more work to do on the downside and on a sustained basis before you could legitimately state that we are in a long term "down trend". Short term, yes it would be fair to say that we are in a correction. But not a legitimate down trend. Not technically, not fundamentally. Not just yet. Look at what happened in early 2016 and early 2018 - quite the 'bear trap'.

[​IMG]