Here is a trade I made yesterday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by brass_trader, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Not sure if this is for the trading forum or technical forum but I think it applies to both.
    I traded XOM. I had 800 shares and bought at 60.31 and sold at 60.84. Here is why I bought. I bought when it broke the intraday high after a pull pack. I sold not long after as it leveling off and looking toppy. It did go higher after I sold but only by about .20. The respective arrows show both my buy and sell points as well as a line i drew that showed resistance on the daily. This was an easy set up.
    Some times this can lead to a false breakout but as long as you are focused, these set ups are great.

Fonz, NumberZ and themickey like this.
  2. themickey

themickey

So you made $7.03 before brokerage? You wouldn't by chance be thinking of going out for the night celebrating at Maccas with an icecream?

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Fonz

Fonz

Thank you Brass for sharing your setup.

Some of us may be quick to dismiss. Others could also have math anxiety..

4. NumberZ

NumberZ

He should trade with TD Ameritrade. He made a profit of $0.53/share * 800 shares. Commissions are free and he would have paid only the SEC fees, so most of that $424 would have been his to keep.

How do you know his brokerage costs were so high? I don't see that in his post.

5. I used fidelity on this trade. There are no brokerage fee’s. I made about $425. Im not sure what brokerage firm “themicky” uses but he is getting ripped off and doesnt understand simple math.
    This post was meant for some of the new traders in order to give an example of what a good set up looks like.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    NumberZ likes this.
  6. volpri

volpri

Themickey is gonna poke at any setup. Regardless. You just have to get used to it. LOL

7. lol.. thats an odd way to contribute to the board. What if everyone did that ??

8. themickey

themickey

Nah, got the maths wrong, will demand money back on the free online calculator.

9. deaddog

deaddog

If you really want to help new traders, show them an example of that set-up where it takes out your stop then reverses. That's what they are going to experience. Then show one where it keeps going down.

10. themickey

themickey

Where price moves to next is affected by which way the wind is blowing.

#10     Oct 3, 2021