Hidden Market Wizards...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TrAndy2022, Aug 12, 2022.

1. What hidden Market Wizards you have seen (not heard of or read anywhere, only your own experience) ?

You should also name (if possible for you) what market/instruments/symbols he/she traded and maybe what size. I am focusing on returns in this topic only (not net profits only).

For example I have seen/met a futures prop trader who had a 70:1 Reward-Risk-Ratio with intraday trading futures in 1 full year. His drawdown was less than 10k. I also have seen/understood his strategy by looking over his shoulder but I can say that this strategy does not work anymore for many years now. So nothing I can contribute/tell you more here.

What traders you have seen/met and what was their Reward-Risk-Ratio in a certain time span ? What were they trading ? What was their trading size or overall Drawdown (when you know that facts) ?

The reason is there are many more hidden Market Wizards than the author Schwager is describing in his books. So there should be much more inspirations anywhere else. So let us sum up experiences here. If anyone can contribute something meaningful, then post it here.

All in all this topic should be understood as inspiration to other traders what can be achieved.

2. tradrjoe

tradrjoe

What was his strategy that used to work but not anymore?

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Kind of Intermarket trading. Cannot remember on all details anymore, it is long time ago.

4. Kristjan Kullamägi.

comagnum likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

What Federal Penitentiary are they currently residing in? :cool:

6. zghorner

zghorner

destriero and s0mmi

7. mikeriley

mikeriley

A close friend and mentor. Unfortunately he's now diseased.
    Man had a heart of gold and helped a lot of people, charity
    work, soup kitchens and a lot of philanthropy. Drove
    a beat up truck and always looked like he needed a
    new pair of shoes.
    Over a million a year trading futures. (consistently)

8. %%
    YES;
    Millionaires/lumber+ he owned the sawmill also . 2nd grade educated, he noted + strange to me that seemed to bother him:caution::caution:I bought some green gopherwood[cypress] from him + air dried it for 6 months for my home.
    Last i looked @ IRS figures \most millionaires quit school+ quit college.

9. Well, to be honest, and somewhat humble and modest, myself. :D I'm a Market Wizard,

S&P options, daily/intraday -- if someone knows the future, the sky is the limit,

10. tony.m

tony.m

In this day and age the real hidden market wizards are the so called education providers.

#10     Aug 12, 2022