Hillariously Blatant "Get Rich Quick" Trading Course Commercial

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by soulfire, Sep 28, 2017.

1. soulfire

soulfire

I saw this commercial on CNBC today:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ww_Y/chuck-hughes-trade-like-chuck#

The pitch is so "fantastic", I'm surprised they are allowed to air it on TV:

1) Guy starts with $4600.00
    2) Within 2 years made over $460,000 in profits
    3) Now earns $50,000 monthly

And... he happens to have a book showing you EXACTLY how he trades that he's also "giving" away- sooo generous!:rolleyes:

Of course the tiny fine print in the commercial states "These results aren't typical, investments can involved loss, etc..."

Without knowing any details, you just KNOW at some point you will be hit up for some subscription service or training courses where you need to pay the dinero.

But wait...why would you need to pay if you already have the "book" detailing this phenomenal trading method?

And I'm sure sure if you had a sure fire trading system that gave you spectacular returns like he stated, the first thing you would do is work on giving your secrets away to the public and pay for a nationwide commercial because making that much bank must be so very boring....:rolleyes:

Nice to know CNBC is "looking out" for their viewers. :vomit:

ThunderThor and DeltaRisk like this.
  2. Truth_

Truth_

Because the people stupid enough to fall for this scam cannot read, the book is useless to them.

EDIT: and no I did not click the link and watch whatever it connects with

3. maxinger

maxinger

Actually quite fun to read those 'fanatastic' writeup.
    such articles are everywhere especially in finance.yahoo.com.

There are also articles / videos about 100% accuracy trading system.
    I enjoy watching this particular Indian coach who preaches 100% accuracy forex trading system. It is very entertaining.

soulfire likes this.
  4. IamBlaze

IamBlaze

5. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Why shouldn't it be allowed?:)

6. comagnum

comagnum

There will never be a shortage of naive people looking for the pie in the sky, from the wrong people.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  7. soulfire

soulfire

Your link doesn't work..for some reason it goes to Yahoo.

Most "get rich quick" schemes are careful to be sufficiently "vague" with dangling potential success of their system to avoid being sued for fraud- and TV networks can get called out for not vetting blatant scams....especially on a channel that's supposed to be helping people become financially literate.

The typical TV trading commercial might show pictures of wealth, suggest you will be able to retire early, travel the world, etc,..but they don't give you specific time frames or amounts you can expect to make.

This commercial, however, pushes the envelope in having the person tell you he was able to turn a modest amount of money into 100's of thousands within 2 years, AND he's supposedly going to show you his exact methods of trading.

This sets up such specific high expectations that the risk is raised for lawsuits for the commercial maker and a black eye for the network for helping to draw in people if they have a bad experience/lose their life savings.

I would call this art imitating life, or vice versa...lol! The commercial is so in your face selling a dream, I would have expected it to be in an episode or movie instead of a real advertisement.

8. IamBlaze

IamBlaze

Just google "the brit method ad"

soulfire likes this.
  9. Truth_

Truth_

Ahhhhh ..... memories of Tom Vu

comagnum and ThunderThor like this.
    #10     Oct 1, 2017
    soulfire likes this.