How to link Charles Schwab position for Live foumala update in excel ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TradeTune, Feb 17, 2022.

1. How to link Charles Schwab position window with Excel for Live formula calculation updates ? This is a simple question and i believe doesn't any programming language , just excel extract data from columns in my position window and when criteria meet in excel, then excel show that cell in green, blue , orange ....etc

It is not required excel to trigger orders execution into my platform, i can do that manually. i believe i need an 3rd party add-on and it must exist. also I need to know how to do this in simple steps.

I have account with Schwab using Street smart edge, but it can be Tradestation, TD Ameritrade or any other brokerage with any software. Thank you

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

3. The current version of Excel 365 has a stock data type which allows you to insert ticker symbols into the spreadsheet and the stock info you include (price, volume, etc.) will update automatically.

Also the TD Thinkorswim platform supports realtime data (RTD) where you can insert an RTD call in Excel and the data will update in realtime. The format is: =RTD("tos.rtd",,"LAST","AAPL")

4. All
    All the three site link, non of them can link to any brokerage, how you can achieve that ?

5. Good to know TD has this feature, but unfortunately TD doesn't open account in my country, i have to wait until both schwab and TD fully integrate as one business

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

interactive brokers links to excel and is available everywhere.