Hydroxycloroquine is Back

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by apdxyk, Jul 31, 2020.

1. apdxyk

apdxyk

The Ohio Board of Pharmacy withdrew a rule preventing the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 after Governor Mike DeWine called on the board to halt the rule, according to the Dayton Daily News.

2. virtusa

virtusa

"Hydroxychloroquine usually is used to treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Infectious disease expert Dr. Peter Hotez told KHOU Channel 11 that multiple studies have shown the drug has no proven benefit in treating or preventing the coronavirus. The FDA has revoked its emergency use on coronavirus patients, saying the risks of the drug causing serious heart problems outweigh any benefits."

So first conclusion is that it does not work.

"The rule would not apply to prescriptions issued as part of a board-approved clinical trial to evaluate drugs to treat COVID-19. Prescriptions must include documentation that the patient is enrolled in a clinical trial."

Second conclusion is that it would only be used in a clinical trial. So in fact the rule will not be prevented, there will be exceptions on the rule.

3. Bugsy

Bugsy

I was extremely sick this past December. I have asthma and had to go to Urgent Care twice in the same week because I just could not breath. The flu has triggered my asthma before but never this bad. I still think it was Coronavirus even though Coronavirus had yet to become mainstream yet, it was making its rounds as early as October and November.

Anyways, the 2nd visit the doctor prescribed me "Z Pack". Someone said this was Hydroxychloroquine, but I have no idea. Within a week I was completely fine.

Money Trust likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

HCQ is here to stay because it DOES work as an early prevention/treatment WITH Zinc. Don't take it once you are on a ventilator.

If you don't like it for political reasons, just take Quercetin or EGCG instead, they will do the same thing, as good little ionophores they are, helping Zinc to cross the cell barrier.

Space Alchemist likes this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

A Z pack is Azithromycin, not HCQ. But they combine the 2 drugs nowadays, that causes your confusion.

6. virtusa

virtusa

Z pack contains no hydroxychloroquine.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...bining-hydroxychloroquine-with-z-pak-to-treat

"The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel advised against combining hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, and azithromycin, an antibiotic also known as 'Z-Pak,' outside of clinical trials.

The panel said there is not enough clinical data to recommend either for or against the use of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19. "

Gaslight Capital and jys78 like this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

ehh....studies have been all over the place and the ones that shown promise have had control/methodology issues. Got a good one to look at?

Lou Friedman likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    ironchef and Bugsy like this.
  9. ironchef

ironchef

Pharmacist and Pharmacy Board have no authority to write prescription medications. Only licensed physicians can. So, they were just grandstanding.

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

#10     Jul 31, 2020