I need help with trading options

Discussion in 'Options' started by ilovemoney01, Oct 14, 2019.

1. I am considering and will start trading options. BUT I know real little about this concept.
    So if some one or any one will give me a hand that will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Overnight

Overnight

May the Lord keep you on your journey. Good luck brother! You'll need time, I figure...

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. I don't think that God knows any thing about stock options.So how about you? can you help
    or probably I will get some help some how thanks for your reply.

4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Are you kidding? Where to you think I get my future volatility?

At any rate, here's the TLDR version...
    5 Basics of Options in 5 Minutes

easymon1 and Wheezooo like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Yes sir. It is my way. You are welcome. Help incoming. :)

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. Cboe.com has everything you want to know about them.

Lou Friedman likes this.
  7. Thanks for your reply, though I need a little more details. I would like to start as soon as possible. I joined a site where I trade for fun and not real money . But still I have some questions that not answered as off yet.

8. Overnight

Overnight

This is not a forum where you ask questions for just fun... this is where real money people will respond to you. Give them time, the USA folks are coming off a three-day weekend. I am sure the first bit of your questions will be answered very soon, like starting in 8 hours or so.

tommcginnis likes this.
  9. gaussian

gaussian

The only people who consider today a holiday work for the government, and based on how long it took me to renew my drivers license I'd say every day is a holiday for them!

Theoretical stuff:

Natenburg - Options Volatility and Pricing
    Sinclair - Volatility Trading
    Hull - Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives
    Mikosch - Elementary Stochastic Calculus with Finance in View

Useful stuff:

http://www.cboe.com/education/getting-started
    https://optionsplaybook.com/

Chen, Sebastian - The Option Trader's Hedge Fund

You're going to be reading. A lot. Once you understand simple strategies (Long calls/puts, verticals, condors) your best teacher will be Mr. Market, and he will happily take your tuition.

EDIT:

I'd like to add a footnote about TastyTrade because someone will recommend it. Their introduction videos are good but their strategy is to sell premium and only sell premium no matter what. This strategy is fine, but not really great for a beginner and requires specific market conditions to make it work for you. They will sell it to you as a panacea of profit and for that it would be useful for you to read the story of optionsellers.com to learn how following this strategy (naked short positions) blindly is fraught with peril.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    raVar, spindr0, Baozi and 3 others like this.
  10. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

Too broad of a question. Read. Isolate things you don't understand. Ask more specific questions.

#10     Oct 14, 2019
    Orbiter, Philo Judeaus and gaussian like this.