IB Down again?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DiceAreCast, Jun 17, 2021.

1. I cannot connect to IB and it sends a misleading message. But also tried on my mobile and cannot connect to their servers. Tried both, wifi at home (verified it works just fine) and also via mobile data. No connectivity...Wed, May 17, 0:40AM EST. I needed some historical data to calibrate a model for tomorrow, I guess I need to wait a while...

upload_2021-6-16_21-39-54.png

2. ZKS31

ZKS31

It's preventing you from buying the dip.

It's probably under maintenance or something.

3. newbunch

newbunch

pepe_trader and DiceAreCast like this.
  4. KevinBB

KevinBB

At least I know its not just me this time. Been down since about 2:20pm eastern Australia time.

5. Now that you mention it: IB Gateway on my computer also lost connection to IB. And I can't get to their website. All other websites function properly, meaning that it is IB-specific.

6. "I cannot connect to IB and it sends a misleading message. But also tried on my mobile and cannot connect to their servers. Tried both, wifi at home (verified it works just fine) and also via mobile data. No connectivity...Wed, May 17, 0:40AM EST. I needed some historical data to calibrate a model for tomorrow, I guess I need to wait a while..."

@DiceAreCast Karma is a Bitch...

Calibrate a work-out schedule, dude.

Jesus, you get your historical data from IB. No way...

7. maxinger

maxinger

mine was down for 1 to 2 hours.
    give them a few more hours to get it fixed.

IB shouldn't say
    ' ...please check that you are connected to the internet and try running the update again.
    If the problem persists, please contact Client Services'.

Because my other trading platforms are working well.

They should say

' we are sorry about the connection problem.
    Please be very very patient and wait for the problem to be fixed.

Meanwhile, please don't swamp our Help Desk with unnecessary calls '.

8. 777gogo

777gogo

I heard that E-Trade is also down. I hope this is not a severe problem.

9. def

def Sponsor

Akami had a global outage and DNS servers need to be re-routed. We are in the process of doing that. Most servers should be out now and working on the rest.

RedDuke, sandy_s, DiceAreCast and 2 others like this.
  10. Thank you for the explanation. Meanwhile IB Gateway on my computer has found an IB server and is working as expected.

#10     Jun 17, 2021
    KevinBB likes this.