IB: how to cancel trade permission of given market

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Mar 13, 2008.

1. joesan

joesan

Hi,

I have always been able to add new markets into the trade permission through IB account management. But now for some reason, I need to cancel trade permission for some markets in my configuration. I login to account management, go to trading access--trading configuration, but see that I cannot untick the markets I no longer need. You can only add, but can not delete markets for your trading permission.

Is there a way to do this ?

2. cstfx

cstfx

wait for it....wait for it....

3. joesan

joesan

Does anyone know how ?

4. No way ....

5. Are you talking about a change to your market subscriptions? You can eliminate one of these. But I once tried to eliminate some permissions (I think it was options) and they said it couldn't be done.

6. joesan

joesan

Two things I want to cancel.

1--permission to trade certain market
    2--data subscription of this market

I can only do 2, not 1.

Is there a way to do this ?

Since there is a way in, logically there should be a way out.

7. cstfx

cstfx

If you open a chat window with IB, they might be able to determine exactly what it is you need.

If that fails, contact def or IBSalvatore on this forum. They both are the ET mouthpieces of IB here and they have been able to help clients who got nowhere with customer service.

Better yet, maybe you should contact them first.

8. zdreg

zdreg

1st ask through customer chat instead of wasting time of higher level people.

9. joesan

joesan

Yeah I contacted the helpdesk by phone before, it seems they did not know how to do that too.

10. I haven't done it, but I suppose the question that occurs to me is all you really need to do is cancel the data subscription, since it's possible that some of these might cost money. You said you can do that. But what difference does it make if you cancel your permission to trade that market?

OldTrader

#10     Mar 26, 2008