IB keep sending repetitive e-mails

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Pasternak, Nov 30, 2021.

1. After having a nightmare migration from IBUK to IBCE, it seems IB is again at it asking multiple times about the same issues.

For example: one month ago they asked for proof of address and a copy of my passport. I uploaded both via their portal. Since then "the tasks" have been marked "received - being processed".

Yesterday, I got an automatic e-mail about "task 4xxxx" where IB asked me to upload the same two documents again. If not, my account will be restricted from January.

They are also asking me for my source of wealth - for the fourth time in one year.

Are others having the same issues?

2. maxinger

maxinger

we don't have such a problem.

You probably did something not that right or you filled up the form wrongly
    and that's why they are asking you many questions.

You have to tell us more about yourself.

3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Why was it a nightmare ?

4. Long story. But let's say the process lasted many months and it was certainly not my fault :)
    I was not the only one having issues. But due to the lack of responses here, I guess most things are sorted.

5. blink18

blink18

I had similar issues. I probably uploaded my id three times in this year + mother's maiden name + tax residency...etc. I don't know what is wrong with their system.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  6. luisHK

luisHK

i´ve had the "received - being processed"." next to the documents I uploaded since late August. Haven´t received any follow up, besides a warning in my EUR withdrawal pages stating those would need to be reviewed manually and could take u to a couple of days. It doesn´t seem to be the case though, as they are still accepted within a few minutes, well out of european service times.
    There have been other system issues btw, happened to me and read to many other clients, when preparing a Sepa withdrawal (which don´t incur intermediary bank fees), the system shows estimated intermediary fees I saw up to several 100s of euros.

7. Thanks Luis. I've had one "received - being processed" since March, but it suddenly disappeared in October :) I also had the manual review and it took a couple of days.

luisHK likes this.