Ib - Mac

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by arbprofit2, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Anyone trade with IB on a MAC? Any addition issues with it vs. Windows?

2. I have TWS loaded on a MacBook Pro. The laptop is my backup machine, and what I take on trips. I also have a PC setup with 4 monitors that is my primary trading machine when I'm home. I don't have any serious issues with either.

OldTrader

3. Thanks, I've just ordered the new 17" for travel. Do you run the MAC standalone version, use the web version, or run windows on your MAC?

Thanks again

4. I run the standalone version. I got the 15". I love it. I thought the 17" might be bigger than I wanted to tote around. But one thing about the 17" (MacBook Pro) is that the battery life is longer. I would have liked to have had that.

I've been a PC user all my life, this is my first Apple. I don't think I'm going to install Windows.

OldTrader

5. dilly323

dilly323

I have a 17" Mac Book Pro and I use VMWare Fusion to run XP as a virtual machine for trading. Inside of my virtual machine, I run TWS and Quotetracker. It works quite well.

I haven't tried the Mac version of TWS, but I would be interested to know if it's stable. Although I'm not sure I could live without my quotetracker.

dilly323

6. 1011101

I run TWS on a mac and quotetracker in Parallels. Works fine.