If your'e looking for data and don't know how to code - READ THIS !

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Spikeet, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Spikeet

Spikeet

Based on a discussion conducted here in this forum, here are some important conclusions when you take a trader and throw him to the world of data tracking and coding.

This is especially interesting for traders that trade multiple different symbols and need to scan the market for a criteria, which spits out diff symbols at a time, as opposed to trading 1 specific symbol.

SPOILER ALERT OF ARTICLE : DON'T DO IT. don't spend loads of time and money learning how to code, wasting your valuable time and risking data corruption.
    INSTEAD - Utilize software and tools that will save you the time and effort of learning how to code and maintaining a huge Database.

WHY ? Keep on reading and lmk down below if you agree with me.
    It's just 1 perspective and I'm eager to know what other here think about it:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  2. Pathetic.

ffs1001 likes this.
  3. Spikeet

Spikeet

Never said any of that, stop hating and spreading lies

4. ET180

ET180

Knowing how to code is an important tool and doesn't take that long to learn. If you want to analyze data, it's a good tool to have.

5. maxinger

maxinger

OK. Don't do coding.

But what shall we do?
    There ought to have some key points written down.
    I doubt anyone is going to click that link as we don't feel bombastic.

There ought to be a better overview / summary to entice people to click that link.

Write it in such a way to attract attention
    And not to repulse readers

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    ET180 and Ayn Rand like this.
  6. Spikeet

Spikeet

I suggest using software that can doo all that for you, and that can save you money and time on the long run. Learning how to code is just the first step. Between that and having an advanced system to query data for is a long gap.

7. Lol dude it's literally in your OP in all caps and bold. You aren't fooling anybody

8. ph1l

ph1l

The Spikeet Data Platform has users choose and/or entering items in various small menus.
    timestamped:

This is coding in a guided and restricted way.

9. Spikeet

Spikeet

Hi. Each time you run a data scan - we scan the entire market for you and we pull all data points for you. you don't need to maintain your own data source and download whole universe of stocks. Yes, you have to tell the system what you want, but it is far from coding and building your own db, taking care of adjusted data, splits, delisting tickers, cleaning and aggregating the data, pulling fundamental data etc'.

10. ffs1001

ffs1001

@Spikeet, I was masochistic enough to actually click on your link and read through the article. You want feedback? Here it is: the bare minimum you can do is to write in proper English, and remove the punctuation and grammar errors. It'll make you come across more professional and less like a snake-oil salesman. The fact that you pay money to this site, to gain the 'Sponsor' tag, doesn't earn you the right to write....er...well, basically.... crap. Secondly, no one likes to be sold to. So tone it down a little in your article, oh, sorry, I meant your sales pitch. The kind of guys who have software needs for their trading are not the typical youngsters with the Robinhood app on their cell phone and an account size of $1K. We're not idiots. So, pls don't write to us thinking we'll be taken in by even 2% of the nonsense you've come up with.

You want to sell a software-development service? Sure, go ahead, but think about how you want to approach it, cos your current style is just cringe at best and offensive at worst.

#10     Jun 27, 2022
    apdxyk and rb7 like this.