Interactive Brokers’ Thomas Peterffy sees the S&P 500 dropping nearly 20% from here

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by blueraincap, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

didn't he say that 10% ago?

ktm likes this.
  2. Peter8519

Peter8519

I wouldn't listen to Thomas by shorting S&P 500 with my puny account. I would rather wait for confirmation.

3. Aisone

Aisone

Paywall?

4. Heck, wouldn't surprise me in the least. We haven't even begun to see any meaningful effects of the recession yet. More rate increases, more earnings drops. Horrible earnings drops. Shit might get VERY ugly...

5. murray t turtle, jys78 and vanzandt like this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah he did say that earlier today on CNBC... said he thinks 3000 will be the bottom.

?
    On a cnbc link?

BlueWaterSailor likes this.
  7. I always find it slightly humorous when various market "gurus" call for some grand-sounding (and always round) number that the market is simply guaranteed to crash to. When I noticed that tendency, I glanced at the Spooz - nope, not a single one of the crashes reversed at such a nice number.

It's as if they were making shit up out of thin air and picking something that sounded impressive...

jys78 likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

My friends always ask me "whats going on with the markets?" ---- "what are they saying?"
    I always tell them... CNBC can have 4 experts on and you'll hear 4 different opinions.

One of these days I'm gonna dvr CNBC on a big sell-off day and save it, like a QQQ drops 4% day lol... then when one of them comes over I'll have it running on the TV... watch their stomachs sink.

jys78, TheDawn and BlueWaterSailor like this.
  9. That's awesome. Finance horror flicks on tap... better than the "Martian Invasion" radio broadcast of 1938. Just be sure to have 911 queued up on your phone in case of heart attacks!
    :D

#10     Oct 20, 2022