Is Shark traders really bankrupt of its a scam?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by black_trader, Mar 3, 2018.

1. I woke up to this email on Thursday from shark traders. I'm still confused if its a scam or not considering the fact that i can't reach anyone from the company.

To think i just deposited some money.

2. Xela

Xela

You have the common sense already to know never to do this, I'm sure?

There's no suggestion of any of this on SharkTraders' own website, so I'm deeply suspicious.

Have you checked out the email's "full headers" including the IP number from which it was sent? (That could, for example, turn out to be a "Tor exit node" which might tell you all you need to know.)

3. zdreg

zdreg

the email may be a scam to get bank details. do not respond.

if email is legitimate you will be receiving more emails with additional information. if the firms has blown up you have a long wait ahead of you. possibly years.

it is an unfortunate reality.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    dealmaker and Xela like this.
  4. JackRab

JackRab

What was the email address used to send you this email? Sounds dodgy to me...

5. I cant seem to even find anyone that uses them to confirm if they also got the same email.

Iamira likes this.
  6. JackRab

JackRab

If you hit that reply button... that's the email address that comes up?

Because a lot of Nigerian scammers use a different actual email address than that what shows up in the "from:" section.

7. SharkTraders is rock solid, AAA+ rated moodys

cruisecontrol likes this.
  8. support@sharktraders.com

Do you have an account with them? Because i can't reach anyone from the company to even confirm the email.

9. TRD879

TRD879

I don't think it's a scam. I actually withdrew all my cash recently (thankfully), but they appear to be offline now. I tried pinging them on Skype and no answer, which is the first time that has ever happened. I think they're gone, not sure what happened.

#10     Mar 5, 2018