Is there a big retail interest for End-of-Day, long term trading systems on multiple big cap stocks?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by DT-waw, May 23, 2023.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

and ETFs?
    I am preparing a portfolio of trading strategies for 8-20 big cap stocks/etfs like QQQ, MSFT, GLD, SLV, AAPL, WPM, BHP, RIO, UNH, Visa, etc.
    Should be easy to automate with any trading software.

Question is: where to market it? I'm rather sure, hedge funds or CTAs wont be interested as they only chase "sophisticated" methods. Mine is super simple, yet results are excellent. I only started designing it, but have long experience in various strategies, mostly intraday on futures.

Any hints appreciated.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Just forget about selling. You need to be an expert in marketing sales too to make any decent amounts on selling. If they are that good how you say, just trade them on your own and scale up until you got rich by them. Then there is no need to sell anything. That is the far better way. And if you think to get a quick buck here, forget it, because you need some professional website, where you need to invest $5k at least before you can get anything. The chance that you make a profit on selling on those trading systems are zero. If you are not that much experienced here in selling that, just skip, and trade them only. You won't get here any sales too in this forum. All is for free here. Nobody will buy those from you, just to be honest. Forget that idea. Trade only.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  3. %%
    NOTHING like a good home office with tax deduction for the square footage;
    even if have to pay taxes when you sell it maybe.
    Profit from it yourself . I watch CVX sector also, but some love to hate fossil fuel sector/LOL:D:D
    SLV maybe worth less than occasional silver coins so be sure to compare the 2; except when they get on a super trend......................................................................[Edit i think you are on the right track with MSFT,qqq,SDOW some;+ most any thing is better than fake fauci snake oil:D:D.:caution::caution:

TrAndy2022 likes this.
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Does the system outperform a buy and hold the SPY strategy?
    Most Money managers don't.

5. %%
    SO few outdo or outperform SPY benchmark, or QQQ;
    make sure to pay occasional attention to patterns of MSFT trends + Bill Gates, and Melinda Gates.
    I wish i had read about 50 years ago how Bill giver Gates admitted he was a measuring fanatic;
    of course he had not written that 50 years ago , so live + learn:D:D......................

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

It's often said 90% of traders (big and small) lose in the end.

Seems at least 90% of those traders then turn to "system design" to {try} to get their money back.

earth_imperator and MACD like this.
  7. traider

traider

Can you show 10 year backtested results

murray t turtle and rb7 like this.
  8. ETJ

ETJ

Generally Generally you are far better off with institutions. They won't buy systems or methodology - they buy people and invest in them. Assuming you've really developed something novel and successful. Most are also very willing to host a meeting after listening to a compelling pitch. The growth of actively managed ETFs has also been remarkable. FOs and MFOs are sucking up all the talent they can identify.

murray t turtle and Sally like this.
  9. OP is a day trader selling a strategy. Obviously he is that generous that instead of using it to make a great fortune, he will sell it to the best bidder.

Because that is what people do with profitable systems, they sell it: :D

rb7 likes this.
  10. %%
    WELL they are unusually good , but that's good.
    Bill Gates [ MSFT] bought some real estate also.
    Larry Mint Hite bought some real estate, great + late ,LOL but better late than never.
    You may or may not want to buy in Chicago\Citadel did an exodus there because of crime.....
    So even if your system turns out super good-excellent , you may want to buy some real estate;
    I used a REALTOR 95%of the time.
    ''I read a lot''-Bill Gates quote.

#10     May 24, 2023