Is there a List of "Prop Trading firm with ranking and etc"?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by fxrebate, Jan 10, 2020.

1. fxrebate

fxrebate

I mean we have heard ptfirm like Topstep, Oneup, earn2trade, LMI and etc

But is there a ranking list on which are the best one and etc?

If you were to try, which platform would you try on?

2. minmike

minmike

None.

Fonz and Proptrader23 like this.
  3. Fx-Game

Fx-Game

Check Trustpilot, earn2trade has good Reviews.

4. I've tried Topsteptrader there's 2 steps first step is to prove profitability which can be done in five days max position size without the scaling plan is available. This is a benefit in disguise because you can blow the account easy at max position size so manage risk. Second step can be completed in 10 days and is about managing risk where you have to build equity in the account in order to trade larger position sizes up to the max per their scaling plan.

Earn2trade support is amazing, Ryan is here all the time answering questions in ET and I don't see much of topsteptrader here that much anymore. With Earn2trade it's 15 days minimum and only one step for funding and there's a scaling plan in the evaluation which imo leads to a better evaluation as the first step in topsteptrader can trap traders in a cycle of gambling as you can pass the first step easy on a day with good volatility trading the max position size, the down side is blowing up and having to reset.

I haven't personally tried LMI or Oneuptrader.

ZTrader888 and Earn2Trade like this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

PromisingTrader likes this.
  6. bone

bone

Just as an informational note, there is the futures prop trading firm business model, but you are going to have to live in the Chicago or NYC area for that.

Futures prop firms that are registered with the CME and ICE are not allowed to risk employee funds - only the firm's capital.

Point being, there are distinct differences between equity and futures/derivatives prop firms.

7. trade2020

trade2020

Does anyone know of other firms besides SMB Capital that offer a "fixed" max drawdown on funded accounts instead of a trailing max drawdown (like Topstep)

The fixed drawdown allows you to generate profits and withdraw to $0 and still have the max drawdown in place while a trailing max drawdown forces you to keep profits in the account equal to your drawdown and not withdraw

8. bone

bone

Not in futures. In fact, the CME and ICE will not allow Member Proprietary Firm customer funded prop accounts. CME and ICE only allow Member Proprietary Firms to risk the firm's capital.

9. trade2020

trade2020

Hi--not talking about customer funded prop accts in futures where you put up a deposit of your own money.

For example SMB Futures - if you pass their tryout you are trading their capital - they offer a fixed max drawdown (as opposed to Topstep Trader, Earn2Trade and others that offer a trailing max drawdown) -- so my question is whether there are other firms like SMB Capital that offer fixed max drawdowns instead of trailing drawdowns?

The biggest difference is fixed max drawdowns allow the trader to generate profits and withdraw profits to zero in the account and still have max drawdown available aty zero to continue trading and trailing max drawdowns like topstep trader and earn2trade use means that in order to keep your max drawdown you have to keep profits you generated in your account equal to their drawdown --meaning if you withdraw all profits to zero your acct with them is closed--as oppose to a fixed max drawdown which allows you to withdraw to zero and keep acct open with full drawdown intact

https://smbcapital.lpages.co/smb-futures-proprietary-trading/

JUNIOR TRADER

Trade remotely or on our NYC desk

Level I - Starting out:

• $1,000 daily loss limit
    • $3,000 max drawdown

Level II - after reaching $6,000 net profits as Jr. Trader:

• $1,500 daily loss limit
    • $6,000 max drawdown
    SENIOR TRADER

After 6 months of consistency as a Level II Junior Trader:

• Custom daily loss limit
    • $25,000 max drawdown

10. bone

bone

The way proper, registered futures prop firms work is that they pay their employees a draw salary, and at the end of the year they pay out the bonus (the split). They will also pay you on a W-2 per exchange rules.

#10     Jan 23, 2020
    tyro and dealmaker like this.