Is this the sellof we have been waiting for?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by David's faith, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Okay many of us could not believe the March selloff would end that fast and reverse this harshly. So at the moment it looks like the bears get a second chance.

On the chart side it looks like a bear trap on all 3 major US indices except the Dow. That leads back into a sideways channel aka trading range.

So what could be the drivers of a continuation of last weeks option based selloff?

-Biden beeing the leader in polls, while markets want Trump and don't want E.W. elected with Biden
    -the foreclosure moratorium ending..
    -stimulus packages discontinued and the fed remaining on the sideline for now, while dems and GOT made clear there may be no stimulus before elections end
    -expected bankruptcy wave

On the other hand:
    -the fractional reserve system is history (banks can now use endless leverage).

Please share your additions to this list.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. EsKiller

EsKiller

Many institutions look at profits on a quarterly basis. Last few quarters they’ve seen record profits. No reason for them to go long now. Ew quarter starts oct 1. Expect them to be in bonus protection mode. Might see they end of year slide

qlai, guru and David's faith like this.
  3. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Second wave

4. Can't tell for sure. Some different technical scenarios.

However... the Nas has corrected ~10-11%, the SP about 8%. That's in the range of a "common correction". If that's all it's going to be, should be good to "buy this dip here"... could be this correction goes further, too, so use a stop if you go for it.

5. Nobert

Nobert

...Managin crisis...

Kids, this time, don't have to wear face masks.
    That was obvious since the china's data was released.

Even authorities, can't analize the most basic stuff.

Good for anyone who can, since thy will walk like lion among the sheep.

6. Technicians are looking for 3000-3200 spooz - exact target depending on how the marker acts/reacts at support levels. If you buy now be prepared to scale in, so buy small...I have QQQ/SPY put spreads still.

David's faith likes this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

In addition to the S&P I'm following the VIX carefully next week. I'm long SQQQ and will scale in if it gets > $30 for swing trading.

Will daytrade UVXY TZA etc

8. %%
    Good points,David faith.
    Maybe a bear trap;
    not that polar bears get trapped much/they dont/LOL.:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Technical/several of my tech ETFs longs turned green positive late last week [Biden '' leading '' in fake news polls/as if that fake poll means much??]
    SPXS/spxu had good moves/may move more up.TQQQ/qqq had a good move up from weekly lows...……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...