John Arnold and the death benefit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drownpruf, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Donates $10MM to cover the death benefit while those Koch shitbags are subverting Democracy.

Kudos to John Arnold and his wife. True heroes.

2. Ricter

Ricter

Exemplary, I agree, but the death benefits will be paid, if late, so far as I know.

3. Tom B

Tom B

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

The house sent a bill to the democrap run senate to fund the benefits. Those shit bags refused to vote on it.

[​IMG]

5. How to the Kochs have anything to do with it?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

In the liberal looney mind all things bad are the fault of the GOP, tea party, Kochs and or of course Bush.

7. Banjo

Banjo

8. 1) he donated to head start, but it was still a very generous thing to do and makes him a good dude.

2) this isn't the subversion of democracy, this is how it works. House reps were voted in to get control of spending, which perpetually kicking the can via CR doesn't accomplish.

3) how is it even possible that paying our troops is not considered mandatory? seriously how can 83% of the fed govt still be operational, but our vets and their families can't get their benefits? There are legions of bureaucrats occupying hundreds of agencies whose pay and benefits could have been cut instead, and there's congress.

4) on obamas orders, the administration got these death benefits covered today, so why didn't he do this right away? Could it be he didn't give one fuck as long as he could blame it on republicans:

"I am offended, outraged, and embarrassed that the government shutdown had prevented the Department of Defense from fulfilling this most sacred responsibility in a timely manner," Hagel said.

"In the days before the shutdown, we warned Congress and the American people that (the Defense Department) would not have the legal authority to make these payments during a lapse in appropriations."

President Barack Obama ordered administration officials on Wednesday to find an immediate solution.

"The president was very disturbed to learn of this problem, and he directed the Department of Defense to work with the Office of Management and Budget and his lawyers to develop a possible solution, and he expects this to be fixed today," White House spokesman Jay Carney said...

...It's unclear exactly when Obama learned of the situation, which reporters were briefed about four days before the shutdown began. At the briefing Wednesday, Carney refused to say when the president learned benefits were being delayed.

"I don't know specifically," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/politics/shutdown-military-families-benefits/index.html

9. Pony up, bros!

10. What a compelling argument in support of your position this is. I have been swayed.

#10     Oct 10, 2013