Limit Order Entry Lag

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ET180, Apr 6, 2021.

1. ET180

ET180

After I submit a limit order, I see the order show up under the live table for execution. The status flag is initially blue and then it turns green once the order is actually accepted and executable. It usually goes from blue to green in a couple of seconds, but on some orders, I have noticed that it can take a lot longer...like 7 or 10 seconds. Anyone else seeing this? I don't think my computer or network is the bottleneck.

d08 likes this.
  2. tango29

tango29

I have had this happen a couple times in the last two weeks.

3. d08

d08

Noticed this too, it's some new "feature".

4. qlai

qlai

How far away are these from the inside market and what routes? I haven’t noticed anything different on NASDAQ.

5. ET180

ET180

I usually submit my limit orders to buy at the bid or sell at the ask or slightly inside. SMART routing for all cases and liquid S&P500 stocks or popular ETFs. Yesterday right before the close, I submitted a buy order at xxx.64 for 100 shares of SPY and while my order was blue, SPY traded all the way down to xxx.57, then returned higher and was above xxx.64 by the time my order turned green. Sometimes the delay works in my favor.

6. dvy1024

dvy1024

The same problem. Something has broken in IB. Еspecially right after the market closes: nothing works for a couple of minutes.

7. This happened to me too.