Lvs

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by cybercash28, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Announced earning, up AH. LVS dropped quite a bit isympathy with WYNN so there is a potential for trading tomorrow going up..above ma-50 at $16.45 will be very bullish.

2. CREE is one of the best stocks. Look at the fundamentals. It beat estimates CONSISTENTLY. Rain, snow, hot or cold. Economy is weak or strong. It always performed. It has no debts and tons of cash. What not to like???

I used to like STAR a lot and it is being acquired by CSCO.

Please take a look at ARST, similar with CREE. A great growth stock. NO debts, good cash position. Beatiing every quarters. SYMN announced good earning today. ARST will too. Potential buyout here.

3. LVS is approaching ma-50.......

4. Redneck

Redneck

OP,

This is a very irresponsible call - imho

There is significant resistance between $16.40 & $17.17

eta @ the Open

Scenario 1 – price gaps up into this area and sells off

Scenario 2 – price gaps past this area – then a long makes sense

Scenario 3 – price moves up to this area and fumbles around deciding what to do next

Full disclosure I am long (worked into it Tuesday & Wednesday)

Scenario 1 occurs – I exit position – then short

Scenario 2 occurs – I hold

Scenario 3 occurs – I exit position and wait for next set up

Scenario 4 - price could gap / move down - we'll see and manage the trade accordingly

Screw the 50 day whatever

Just a dumbass trader’s plan.. feel free to jump my ass

RN

5. I agree with your 3 scenarios. I meant will be very bullish above ma-50. Why irresponsible???

LVS went up close to ma-50 AH.

It's obvious for us traders know that, most of the time (always exceptions) that stock don't go through key resistance without testing/pausing/retracing. So many key factors we nne to look at..where it's in the chart, oversold/overbought. How is the market doing??

You just love to critize people. I found a number of people at ET love to make mean comments. Do they make you feel good???????

6. Remember that analysts have so much power over stock prices so what they say can change what we think.

7. Redneck

Redneck

Scenario 1 played out - I am now flat (for the record) but observing

OP - I'll respond later

RN

8. Redneck

Redneck

Cybercash28,

I am going to combine your two posts and respond

You just love to critize people. I found a number of people at ET love to make mean comments. Do they make you feel good???????

Not sure where this comment came from, I criticized your call – not you – I don’t know you

As far my comments – positive or negative – making me feel good – I strive to keep it real – nothing more/ nothing less.

And please know what I think, feel, hope, or want – is of no matter when it comes to trading

I agree with your 3 scenarios. I meant will be very bullish above ma-50. Why irresponsible???

LVS went up close to ma-50 AH.

You say you’re a trader, and as I fancy myself a trader, let’s talk colleague to colleague…..

As traders we must hold ourselves to a higher standard…, to always be careful that a clear distinction exists between us traders…, and the multitude of gurus, mentors, teachers, stock pickers, bottom/ top callers, liars, shills, wannabees …

Otherwise we are no different (and once a trader’s ego gets away from them, or they learn just enough to be considered a profitable trader but have no intention of pursuing the craft…) Then it’s real easy for them to start saying hey look at me…, look at what I can do…., let me teach you… oh and for a price of course….

Unfortunately many have – and the end result is the same – good people get taken advantage of …

Your call lacked context, and it lacked a clear plan – with contingencies – to trade what was/ and what could occur (the different scenarios I mentioned).

There are only two things that drive the market – buying, and selling… call it accumulation/ distribution… (performed in the context of fear & greed of course) – PERIOD… Although admittedly there are a few head fakes thrown in periodically to confuse the less experienced – as we witnessed today.

Not sympathy (WYNN vs. LVS)

Not an arbitrary line – albeit a 50 ma (which btw you did not specify intraday, daily, weekly, monthly) and fwiw (price did go above but then look what happened) – or any other ma, indicator, or whatever

Not earnings…

Not buy buy buy / sell sell sell

Nothing…

So what exactly differentiated you (this call) from all the other gurus / stock pickers/ wannabees out there?

What would keep some yahoo (non professional trader) from seeing your call… looking at LVS…, seeing the emotion.., getting caught up in that emotion…, and buying it @ the open – then proceeding to lose his/ her flippin shirt…

If you are a trader – then I assume you are a professional – I am… No professional would make a call like this and allow a citizen to blindly walk into a potential trap like that. It was as clear as day to see…, but you never mentioned it – hence your call was irresponsible

It's obvious for us traders know that, most of the time (always exceptions) that stock don't go through key resistance without testing/pausing/retracing. So many key factors we nne to look at..where it's in the chart, oversold/overbought. How is the market doing??

Over bought/ over sold are BS terms used specifically by gurus – price will do what it damn well pleases 100% of the time

What is obvious is that you are relatively new at this game… Please learn what really matters vs. all the hype they want you to believe…

Remember that analysts have so much power over stock prices so what they say can change what we think.

You could take all the analysts in the world and dump them into the ocean – and it would not make one ounce of difference

No one – and I mean no one – knows what a stock’s price will do – today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, or in 5 minutes…

I repeat NO ONE

As traders we establish plans, with contingencies, then implement those plans based on what we see (what price is doing), and what we anticipate price might do next… While always protecting our capital (our ass)

To hell with what anyone, especially including our self – says, thinks, feels, hopes, wishes for, or wants….

Newbies, rookies, citizens, and idiots – trade news, announcements, hearsay… Professionals trade the reaction to same

Now please do not feel like I am criticizing you… or being mean – I am not…

I am just keeping it real… The market is capable of being – 10 X infinity – meaner than I could ever think of …

I wish you a Wonderful Weekend

RN

9. Redneck Trader:

Insightful; outstanding post.

Thank you!

10. you're a good guy red..

#10     Oct 31, 2009