Martin Armstrong.....

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by long, Jan 26, 2023.

1. long

long

I was recently introduced to the work of Martin Armstrong. After reading his Wikipedia page and watching a documentary about his legal troubles I subscribed to his website for a month. I'm not impressed. In fact, I can't believe that he has been able to gain a following. The information on his website seems to be full of technical indicators that he designed but there is no real explanation of them. He has an "AI" that writes daily commentary that is vaguer than a fortune teller. I usually enjoy reading what a guru thinks about the markets whether I agree with them or not. I've been alerted to market factors that I'd never considered even though the actual trading advice was disastrous. I haven't seen one useful bit of information on his website. Have any of you looked at his work? Am I missing something? I mean his website is so convoluted I doubt that he even knows what it is saying....

SunTrader, Onra and Nobert like this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

upload_2023-1-27_9-41-46.png

He spent many years in jail for cheating investors.

So what do you want to learn from him?

A) to be an investor

It might not be a good idea.

B) learn how to cheat investors

You have made the right choice.
    He has relevant and proven knowledge, skills, ability, and competencies.
    Happy learning.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

Insider Strongarm
    delete.jpg
    Armstrong

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    Onra likes this.
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

"Cheating investors" because Biasedpedia says so? Really? After the last few years, people still believe everything the 3-letter agencies say? I know some big-time investors and fund managers who like his work and believe his side of the story. That said, he's old now and I don't know how good his current service is.

long and murray t turtle like this.
  5. %%
    Good point about the bias of Wikipedia=Biasedpedia .
    Mises Institute seems to like him + his forecast of 1987....... Never heard of him.
    A fair question, is it 10 or 11 years for cheating investors??
    But the Mises Institute also noted he spent 10 years in a government cage, partly SEC trial.
    SEC tends to be much better than the other 3 letter agencies;
    his link did not work from that article.

MKTrader likes this.
  6. TheDawn

TheDawn

That's the issue right there. Not everybody who publishes their opinion on something is a guru. If that's the criteria, I would consider some of the users here on ET to be far more qualified to be called a guru than those bozos.

long and murray t turtle like this.
  7. TheDawn

TheDawn

Can't believe there is a Wikipedia article about him. The guy is a loser. What do we get to learn from him? To teach ourselves something and then to go out to con others pretending to be an expert? Seriously, sometimes Wikipedia needs to be more selective about what they publish an article on.

8. easymon1

easymon1

Works for the Fouch, countless politicians, bureaucrats, mainstream media, ... From that movie trailer, looks like he got a few good punches in that nobody else saw coming. You don't mind that senate and congress get to insider trade but this guy, well, that's just terrible! LOL. Swallow a bowling ball and choke on a pearl.

long and MKTrader like this.
  9. easymon1

easymon1

How to Contact Your Elected Officials

Learn how to contact your federal, state, and local elected leaders.

Federal Elected Officials
    State Elected Officials
    Local Elected Officials
    • Locate your mayor by name, city, or population size.
    • Find your county executive (the head of the executive branch of government in your county) by map search or your ZIP Code. The county executive may be an elected or an appointed position.
    • Get contact information for your city, county, and town officials.
    https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

10. I remember a couple years ago or so, I came across one of the trailers for his so-called biography movie thing... It just seemed so hokey and fake. It's one of those things where you're not sure if it's made to be a joke for tin-foil-hat types.

#10     Jan 27, 2023