Maverick74 and marketsurfer's TopstepTrader Combine (daily trade reports and journal)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by TST_Hoag, Oct 1, 2012.

1. cool program... looks like fun. I missed any earlier announcements, don't tune in here much any more.

will get started with CL myself next week. best trading wishes to mav and surf!!!

#11     Oct 1, 2012
  2. Good luck to both of you!

:)

Keep in mind, even the best traders have down days/months, don't let the pressure of everyone watching change how you trade. Other experienced traders are going to recognize decent trade decisions regardless of the outcome over a 10 day period.

#12     Oct 1, 2012
  3. I'll ask, and please don't take offense just answer. I haven't spent my waking hours reading the threads. Are you on a live data feed? or is it delayed and you have access to a live feed? I know you get where I am going and my assumption is it is a live feed and you are basically committing your time to this demonstration.
    Thanks, and not implying anything, just simply asking.

#13     Oct 1, 2012
  4. GTS

GTS

http://www.topsteptrader.com/Combine

#14     Oct 1, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Very professional Mav, GL buddy.

#15     Oct 1, 2012
  6. "In the Combine, you’ll trade real-time futures in a simulated, no-risk environment" Not sure how long you have been in this business, but I maybe have been here too long. Real time in a simulated enviroment? I have heard vendors make this claim before. It sounds like the implication is real time data, but what I am looking for, is the data real time, and there is no look back capability? Ie you are trading real time, not in any form simulated, delayed etc. I have grown old and tired of analyzing every statement. I want the truth, unencumbered. Is the data live. Yes or no?
    Again not looking to be a prick, just a simple answer. Live data, not simulated live.

#16     Oct 1, 2012
  7. I guess I am getting nervous for this hyped story that I haven't received an answer all ready. I thought by now I would have gotten an abusive answer confirming real time, but no such luck. Thinking I may need to change my opinion.

#17     Oct 1, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, I'm trying to keep my comments to after hours only. Yes, it's real time. I have three different sets of futures data sitting side by side. They move tick for tick. Think about it. If the data was delayed even as little as 3 seconds, do you know easy it would be to do this? Why would they provide funding to someone who can game the system? So yes, the data is to the second, live.

And please, as a courtesy to myself and Surf, don't demand answers during the trading day. You can post questions all day, just give us some time after the close to respond to them. This goes for everyone. Thanks.

#18     Oct 1, 2012
  9. Do you trade using some form of Technical Analysis?

#19     Oct 1, 2012
  10. The combine data is "live" but the simulator's price-fills may not be the same exact/precise/1000% correlation price-fills you'd get on another simulator or when trading a funded account. Slippage may vary. :cool:

#20     Oct 1, 2012