May You All Have a Blessed...

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by destriero, Apr 4, 2021.

1. destriero

destriero

Zombie Jesus Day!

2. Overnight

Overnight

I celebrated by sacrificing a chocolate rabbit and biting it's head off. On Tuesday it will rise up and save me from the evil warren in the back lot, where they are planning my destruction.

3. May you have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!!

1 Cor 15:12-20: "12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. 15In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.16For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.​

20But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead..." !!!!!!!!!

May you be blessed from this excerpt from an article making an excellent point that the Lord's apostle's suffered and all but one (John) died for giving their eyewitness account of having seen Jesus after He had risen from the dead and sharing what Jesus told them to share: that Jesus has made the way of reconciliation with God possible for all who personally trust in Him for the forgiveness of their sins.

46Then He said to them, “Thus it is written,[l]and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,47and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.48Andyou are witnesses of these things. Luke 24:37
    From https://www.breakpoint.org/dying-for-the-truth-2/

Many of us, as committed Christians, would rather die than reject our Savior. Around the world today, Christians are executed regularly because they refuse to deny their allegiance to Jesus or the truth claims of Christianity. But their deaths, while heartbreaking and compelling, have no evidential value. Many people are willing to die for what they don’t know is a lie.

That is, martyrdom doesn’t confirm the truth, especially when the martyrs don’t have first-hand access to the claim for which they’re dying. But this wasn’t the case for the disciples of Jesus. They were in a unique position: they knew if the claims about Jesus were true. They were present for the life, ministry, death and alleged resurrection of Jesus.

If the claims about Jesus were a lie, the disciples would have known it (in fact they would have been the source of the lie). That’s why their commitment to their testimony was (and is) so compelling. Unlike the rest of us, their willingness to die for their claims has tremendous evidential value. In fact, the commitment of the Apostles confirms the truth of the resurrection.

The traditions related to the deaths of the Apostles are well known. According to local and regional histories, all of the Apostles and their close associates died for their claims related to the Resurrection:

Andrew was crucified in Patras, Greece.
    Bartholomew (aka Nathanael) was flayed to death with a whip in Armenia.
    James the Just was thrown from the Temple and then beaten to death in Jerusalem.
    James the Greater was beheaded in Jerusalem.
    John died in exile on the island of Patmos.
    Luke was hanged in Greece.
    Mark was dragged by horse until he died in Alexandria, Egypt.
    Matthew was killed by a sword in Ethiopia.
    Matthias was stoned and then beheaded in Jerusalem.
    Peter was crucified upside down in Rome.
    Philip was crucified in Phrygia.
    Thomas was stabbed to death with a spear in India.

As a detective, and a very skeptical one at that, I don’t necessarily accept all these traditions with the same level of certainty. Some are better attested to than others; I have far greater confidence in the history related to Peter’s death, for example, than I have in the claims related to Matthias’ death. But I am still confident these men died for their claims, even if I may be uncertain about precisely how they died.
    I don't plan to stick around to debate this or listen to any of the naysayers that will likely respond. But I will be praying for all who read this.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Of course you will not stick around....Because you have never given any of this bullshit any serious thought, and so you hide behind blind doctrine.

Dude, introspect! The folks back then, 2000 years ago, were just as much drug users as the greatest stoners of our current times! Don't believe it? Disprove it!

Not only will you be an eternal student of the markets...You will be an eternal student of your own mind.

5. And now for a quick review:

christianity.jpg

murray t turtle and destriero like this.
  6. Jesus and the Cross.jpg

7. A couple of the posters in this thread are of the type who would go to a local Sunday School service and tell the little 5 year old children that they are going to die someday and not go to heaven and they are just going to rot in their graves.

God help these type of people who have no tolerance towards others and make fun of those who believe differently then they do.

Intolerance is a big problem in this world. A very big problem.

8. stu

stu

That's no more true than you being the type who would go to a local Sunday School service and tell the little 5 year old children that they are going to burn in a place called hell for eternity if they don't do as they are told and blindly believe in worshiping an imaginary sky daddy.

You wouldn't.. would you? Many do.

Intolerance towards those who make fun of funny religious beliefs has been a big problem in this world for a long time. A very big problem indeed.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    destriero likes this.
  9. Yes, intolerance can go both ways. I'm glad you get it.

But with your words, I see that you are still intolerant. Too bad for you. :rolleyes:

Please show me some funny meme's aimed at Atheists? I can't even find one, I just looked.

And no, intolerance towards those who make fun of funny religious beliefs has never been a big problem. Surely you jest?

P.S. Religion is a belief. Atheist's say they are a non belief system or whatever. So who is actually being intolerant of who's beliefs? Especially if atheists do not even have a belief in the first place?

leonguzman likes this.
  10. %%
    You think taking animals is fake news?? LOL MY sister has a talking bird.
    [AND in a spiritual sense, the media is ful of talking snakes/forked tongue types/LOL]:D:D:D:D:D:D,:caution::caution:

#10     Apr 13, 2021
    smallfil and FortuneTeller like this.