Men in black hurl 1,000 roaches during Taipei police chief banquet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by themickey, May 4, 2021.

1. themickey

themickey

Men in black hurl 1,000 roaches during Taipei police chief banquet
    5 suspects arrested in connection with dumping of cockroaches at Taipei police banquet

By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer 2021/05/04
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4194327

1620097242-6090b8da6a097.jpg
    Roaches scurry around reception desk. (Taipei City Councilor, Wang Hsin-yi photo)

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Two men dressed in black tossed bags filled with more than 1,000 cockroaches at a banquet attended by Taipei and New Taipei police commissioners on Monday evening (May 3).

Taipei City Wolong Street Police Station hosted the dinner at G House Taipei banquet hall on Xinsheng North Road in Taipei's Zhongshan District. There were 70 tables and more than 700 guests, including Taipei Police Department Commissioner Chen Jia-chang (陳嘉昌) and New Taipei Police Department Commissioner Huang Tsung-jen (黃宗仁).

At around 7:24 p.m., two men dressed in black dumped the bags of cockroaches at the reception desk on the second floor of the establishment, before fleeing the scene, reported CNA.

The Zhongshan Precinct of the Taipei Police Department and the department's Criminal Investigation Division and Criminal Investigation Bureau (CIB) have formed a special team and to investigate the incident. Chen stayed at Zhongshan Precinct station throughout the night as he oversaw the investigation personally.

veronaruffin likes this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

One has to wonder whether they were running around capturing roaches or just...bred them. :vomit:

3. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

May well have bred them. Given that there are cockroach farms in the vicinity with several billions of roaches, a thousand seems rather low though. If they wanted to make a point they should have dropped at least a million. :D

4. The roaches probably ended up in a crunchy sandwich, made with artisan bread and served with a delicious coconut milk cappuccino. Mouth watering.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Men in Black don't like bugs. I call BS on the story.

6. I can only imagine where they got those cockroaches from in those bags.

7. mlawson71

mlawson71

I can, but to be perfectly honest, I don't want to imagine it. It's a terrible mental image. :vomit:

8. ph1l

ph1l

maybe from

themickey likes this.
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

I just had lunch, I am so not watching that. Why do people even need roaches. On a commercial scale that it, it's obvious why the guys with the bags of roaches needed them.

10. themickey

themickey

I believe pet shops sell them for carp / koy and suchlike.

#10     May 15, 2021