Mentorship in exchange for research/analysis work

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by longandshort, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Hi folks,
    I'm a long-time lurker, new-time poster. Long story short, I'm a professional trader with 8+ years of experience (both on sell-side and buy-side), and am building out a global macro and long/short strategy to launch in a hedge fund vehicle ideally within the next 2-4 quarters.

As a budding entrepreneur with a limited budget, I need some talent to help monitor and track ideas, in exchange for mentorship and training. I can help you understand how to analyze the market professionally and cover an asset class or industry. I'd be willing to help you monetize your research as well.

Let me know what you think and if we could figure out an arrangement.

Apologetik and vanzandt like this.
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

so are you planning to actually manage money professionally as a hedge fund?

3. Yes.

PS: to those responding — in your message tell me a little bit about your background, what tools you currently use or have access to, and what you’re interested in. There’s no de minimis, but it’ll add useful context.

Important note: I’m not a retail day trader, so this is less like “scalping”/“breakout trading”/“get rich quick” and more like “event”/“liquidity”/“alternative risk premia”/“macro”/etc driven trading.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    YuriWerewolf likes this.
  4. I'll bite....

I'm an academic economist who is bored (I am a full-time faculty member at a teaching college). I have been trading since I turned 18 (traded my father's account before than).

I would like to transition out of teaching in the next 3 years.

I am self-funded and trade a mid six figure account. I focused on futures (globally), option selling, and single foreign stock positions.

Joel
    FYI-leaving my Colorado mountain house in a few weeks and heading back to Cali.

easymon1 and longandshort like this.
  5. Hi Joel,
    Your background looks really good. Would be super helpful to have someone who’s well versed (and more expert than I) in econ. I’ll ping you directly.

6. When I was five, I started dealing drugs. By the time I was ten, I was the main man on my block and at the age of eighteen I was running a proper import-export business. My favorite tool is a 45, but I also cary a small 22 special in my sock.

7. fan27

fan27

Is the fund's trading going to be discretionary or fully automated? If fully automated, I might be willing to help under the right circumstances. FWIW, I trade my own account fully automated and have clients I do consulting for using my tools/setup up trading fully automated.

8. This made me laugh.

l3loodred and MarkBrown like this.
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i think this is "delirious" or some other ass hat posting cause both the "op" and the "academic economist" both just registered their accounts today so much for a long time lurker. lol

setting back and watching yet another shit show on et... pass the popcorn.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  10. I think you’ll do great in Fx derivs with that background!

#10     Oct 28, 2020