Most popular stocks for daytrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Guys,
    What are the most popular stocks for daytrading ( not scalping ) ? I would like to test some of my methods on unrelated stocks other then MSFT or Intel .
    Thanks,
    Walter

2. Try NVDA, KLAC, MXIM, ERTS, IBM, GS

3. white

white

bundlemaker

Do you trade MXIM and KLAC?

4. I used to, but got hooked on futures and never looked back. With the tax advantages, and the ability to truly reduce risk through trading of completely uncorrelated markets I simply can't imagine why you'd want to trade stocks.

5. Because almost no one really makes $ trading futures.

6. Ebo

Ebo

I do!

:D :D :D

7. Apart from commissions, futures is a zero sum game. Can't say that about the stock market.

8. Actually, equities in the short term is also a zero sum game. Statistically there is little to no daily serial correlation in stocks, so if you are a true day trader, that's essentially a zero sum game when considered over enough periods.

Longer term trading is another story. Does the fact that futures is a zero sum game make it more difficult to make money? Perhaps. All I know is I struggled for 3 years to trade stocks and never really understood what was going on. I had my epiphany with futures and now understand what is happening and why I do what I do. I am also profitable and unlike before when I would have occaisional wins, I'm supremely confident that the results will continue.

9. I have been trading The $SOX for 3 yrs.
    Good for both scalping and holding longer intra day positions.

10. FYI

FYI

SINA, SOHU, NTES,

And fast moving small coms.

IVAN,....(I can't remember what I used to trade,)

basically, anything with news.

I watch the ticker during 8-open and try to spot a fast mover.

then I wait till 10-10:30 to get in.

That way i get the direction down.

I used to trade KLAC, MSFT, QLGC

But I either caught a shift, or my technique changed...whatever works for you...stick with it for a while.

Until you find something else.

Good Luck.

#10     Nov 10, 2003