Multimedia for Traders

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Avalanche, Sep 11, 2003.

1. This thread is for posting multimedia links that are related to trading, or the stockmarket or whatever else you think would interest other traders.

I'm starting it because occassionally someone one will email me a link to an archived interview with a trader or analyst, or econmic presentation and there is not anywhere here to really post it where other traders could be sure to see it and prehaps benefit from it.

So that place is gonna be here.

:p

To kick things off, someone sent me links to a Jim Rogers Marc Faber interview below. Both are obvious bears usually , but they have some very interesting comments on the dollar, the federal reserve, as well as china and some other things.

I found it interesting.

Below that is a link to some other inteviews on the website with guests such as Prechter, Richard Russell, Bill Fleckenstein, etc. (you can see from the guest list that the radio show has a hard money bearish bent, but its interesting commentary no matter what camp you are in).

Cheers.

you need realplayer or mediaplayer to listen.

http://www.financialsense.com/asktheexpert/expert.htm

http://www.financialsense.com/asktheexpert/2003.htm

2. Are You In yet ?

Have you reserved your place for the
    CBOT / Keener Capital - Trading Webinar" ?

Topic: Day-Trading the CBOT mini-sized Dow
    Date: Wednesday, November 05, 2003
    Time: 3:30 pm, Central Daylight Time
    (GMT -05:00, Chicago) (Chicago time)

We hope that you might also tell some of your trading friends
    about the seminar.

You and your friends may register at
    https://cbotevents.webex.com/cbotevents/onstage/framesets/register.php?ConfID=277049489&Rnd=91753858

Remember the seminar is free !

All you need is your computer online and the free WebEx player.

To participate in this event, you will need to download
    the Webex player software. If you have not already done so,
    you will want to go ahead and download it now.
    https://cbotevents.webex.com/client/latest/atplay.exe

No username or password is required.

3. acrary

acrary

4. Great! Loved it. That was the first time I've heard this guy speak.

Too bad I couldn't identify a date for his presentation - was it May/June or later in the year?

It was so good I couldn't help thinking he must be using some type of hypnosis techniques. :p

Anyway - he hit the nail on the head w/ 'the last three years have conditioned us to expect negative volatility.' There is a cabel on ET still trying to short ahead of December and January - IMO they are still looking in the rearview mirror & completely ignoring improving economic conditions. As a result, I'm buying stocks w/ extreme short interest ... next few months will be quite interesting.

5. I cannot vouch for this this guys success or methods, but it was in my inbox so I figured I'd pass it on.

Free techncial trading seminar on paltalk today if anyone is interested.

Football taking precedence for me, but someone might want to check it out.

Special Invitation

“Teach-Talk-Trade”

Technical Trading with Uncle Steve

Saturday, November 15th

Noon/East coast – 9am Pacific

You’re cordially invited to attend the initial Teach-Talk-Trade’s: “Saturday Seminars”…a unique, Saturday series of technical seminars focusing on stock and commodities trading. Most Saturday’s, Uncle Steve will conduct a two hour seminar on specific technical topics (Candles, Fibonacci Moving Averages, Momentum Oscillators, Trend Definition, Stops and Money Management).

On Saturday, November 15th, Uncle Steve will present an overview of his technical trading techniques.

For the past five years, Uncle Steve has provided free daily buy and sell recommendations at:

www.cedarcreektrading.com

Starting Monday, November 17th, Uncle Steve will be teaching, talking and trading in a PalTalk chat room. During market hours, Uncle Steve will be sharing his views on the markets, teaching traders his technical methods and trading markets in real time. Look for real traders, with specific approaches to the markets, to frequent the chat room.

This is a great opportunity to listen and learn from people that trade for a living. It’s also an opportunity for traders to take advantage of the information that will be discussed as these dynamic markets unfold.

The following information will help you to get a “hot-seat” for the seminar and daily chat room sessions:

To get to Uncle Steve's Chatroom:
    Go to http://www.paltalk.com and download the free software. Once you open it up, go to Business and Finance and find the room called "Teach-Talk-Trade...Technical Trading w/Uncle Steve"

Take care,

Steve

6. axehawk

axehawk

Finally! An informative and useful thread on ET.

Good job Avalanche.

#10     Nov 28, 2003