My prediction - TSLA sells it's BTC holdings at $40,000 to lock in profits

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Jan 6, 2022.

1. IMO
    • As far as I know TSLA average price for BTC it $31,700 (I googled it).
    • The way BTC is selling off there is no way TSLA will let this profit turn into a loss.
    • This will have a very negative impact on BTC causing additional selling pressure.

murray t turtle and KCalhoun like this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

down it goes to $41000.
    The next support level is $40000.
    Then $30000.
    Then ....

I wonder where is Elon placing his BTC stop.

BTC is in the nice bear channel since Nov 2021.
    Perhaps, Elon knows about trading and has already
    closed some BTC positions.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    murray t turtle and KCalhoun like this.
  3. That makes sense, BTC best chance to stabilize is here 39600-41000, but doesn't look like very good probability to hold given all the TA factors, including the markets haven't bounced back yet. If we start to lose 39600, with markets not recovering or worst going lower, than pretty much no chance it does more than a dead cat bounce here at best.

EDIT:
    Than of course have 35000, below that it's anyone's guess as we could accelerate to 23k, 17k even 12-15k pretty quickly

jys78 likes this.
  4. It did drop to under $29k and he didn't sell, so who knows. They have $16 bln in cash and only 10% in BTC, so there's not much pressure.

Hard to predict Elon, he accepted DOGE as payment while few would take the coin seriously. He's pretty supportive of Jack Dorsey, who is a BTC maximalist.

He likes to stir the pot, that's for sure.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    johnarb likes this.
  5. johnarb

johnarb

Tesla did no sell just as MicroStrategy did not sell, nor did Square sell, nor did NYDIG sell among many other publicly listed companies and private companies

They did not sell because Bitcoin is not a trade for more fiat profits

Bitcoin is an alternative to holding cash or cash-equivalents in their treasury reserves. It's a long term view

Many here on ET cannot grasp the simple concept

Elite Traders are always in it for the trades and are always focused on acquiring more fiat

Tesla had $20 Billion in cash and they put $1.8 Billion. If bitcoin goes to $0, they lose 10% of their cash, Tesla will not go bankrupt nor will they cry about it

Bitcoin will not go $0

LOL at ET posters that do not understand this simple money management and risk management strategy utilizing Bitcoin

https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/treasuries/

VicBee, gkishot, NoahA and 2 others like this.
  6. deaddog

deaddog

I believe that's the object of trading. Trade crypto for fiat and then fiat for crypto and you increase your crypto holdings.

The forum isn't Elite HODLers

johnarb likes this.
  7. johnarb

johnarb

touche'

Tesla is not a (Elite) Trader

gkishot and Cuddles like this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

What's Elon's handle here? I have a bridge to sell him

murray t turtle and johnarb like this.

9. Update.

• Based on the 1-year BTC chart I do believe TSLA will sell its BTC holdings.
    • The news will come out this week - putting additional selling pressure on BTC.

BTC.png
    BTC 1-year chart.

• The red line is at about $31,700, which is the average price for TSLA's BTC holdings.
    • Makes no sense to hold on any longer.

EDIT: The $31,700 number comes from Google - I don't know how accurate that is.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. interesting prediction. i'd be shocked if it comes true. i think Musk believes in the innovation and possibilities of bitcoin and L1s like Ethereum, and also his group of friends and colleagues share this view. here's an interview with Musk and Jack Dorsey from July 2021.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finan...ey-talk-future-of-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrency/

#10     Jan 10, 2022
    george_the_second and johnarb like this.