Need assistance with Tradestation coding / Have a question.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Concinnity, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Basically need something or a way to have a Green/Red light or Yes/No thing on one screen for multiple charts.

IE:

Chart 1 = Yes/No or Green / Red regarding if certain perimeters are True or False
    Chart 2 = Yes/No or Green / Red regarding if certain perimeters are True or False
    Chart 3 = Yes/No or Green / Red regarding if certain perimeters are True or False
    Chart 4 = Yes/No or Green / Red regarding if certain perimeters are True or False
    Chart 5 = Yes/No or Green / Red regarding if certain perimeters are True or False

Anyone willing to assist me, give any advice on how to code this or at least tell me if it's possible / they have done something like this on Tradestation?

Thanks so much in advance if anyone is able to or willing to assist.

2. Overnight

Overnight

Sux, I have something like this for NT7, but cannot make it work again. Was quite robust, but mentor who came up with it is dead so help resources are quite limited.

3. I almost started with EasyLanguage. But thinkScript was just more intuitive and ToS has such nice charts.

Need to suck it up and learn this one as well. Apparently, they have free data for funded accounts so it seems like a good compliment to what I already have going.

(real time charts in Excel) with VBA <> Socket bridge TWS API, and with TWS and thinkScript charts.

Also interested in your question. Is it possible with EasyLanguage to implement color coded bars based on a complex mathematical function (differential of functions of prices/indicators)?

Example (thinkScript)
    color coded.png

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  4. Well actually I have color coded candles based on other information and that is what I am looking to get something to track the candle color of multiple charts and report it on a single screen for simplicity. Also want to use this same green/red light function for one other thing as well this will provide a macro over lay that will assist in multiple trading strategies including to help determine trend or if you don’t believe in trend than put another way to help determine the probability that there’s either accumulation or distribution going on in a macro sense. I just have very weak coding skills but trying to figure out how to do this

5. MACD

MACD

Please PM me
    Thanks

6. Overnight

Overnight

This is the sort of thing you are looking for I am guessing...

speedwayconcinnity.JPG

A way to send conditions from multiple charts to one major chart, and trade a confirming signal. That's what the red and green lights are at the bottom.

7. Yes sir thats essentially what I am looking to do. The simpler the better. I have a decent work around for the color coded candles I just have 5 charts open, close together and make them really small. Also can do a similar thing for the other perimeters. Used it today like that and wasn’t too hard and had a pretty successful trading day. None the less if can simplify it see no reason not to.