Need Guidance Regarding Prop Firms!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by thechanchanman, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Hello all,

I am looking for a legitimate prop firm to trade with professionally in the US, I am willing to put a portion of capital and take/pass series test.

I've traded on and off since 2012, I passed the Velez challenge on my friends account back in the day and I guess they had some issues which caused me to never peruse trading professionally. Was laid off in March and started trading again up around 130% YTD. I only trade equities and use options sparingly, primarily swing trading with some day scalps.

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciate, thank you in advance!

2. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

If you’re willing to put up capital you should have no problem at all. Begs the question though, why not just get portfolio margin? Or a futures account? To me if you’re putting a risk deposit you’re just paying for mentorship (which there’s nothing wrong with doing )

3. I trade with 50k account, need 125k for portfolio margin at least with TD not sure about others. Any prop firms you recommend?

4. qlai

qlai

What does this mean? You couldn’t trade professionally at that time, but you can now? In other words, you will be able to get the licenses and pass background checks as US citizen, right?

5. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

If you want to trade equities I would look into T3 or Maverick. Maverick emphasizes options though but honestly you should learn options from a pro it will make you a better trader.

6. I wasnt interested then essentially but yes I am able to get licenses and pass any checks, I am also a citizen

7. Considering Maverick wants 5k for their options school which is a requisite before handing you over to get funded from T3 anyways.

8. qlai

qlai

I don’t have first hand experience, but below on my short list:
    T3
    Kershner/SMB
    Seven Points Capital
    Great Point Capital
    Chimera Securities
    Hold Brothers

9. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

My understanding was your 5k was your risk deposit. I may be wrong.