Need help understanding brokers, data feeds, order routing etc

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lems, Nov 29, 2019.

1. lems

lems

So far this is what I gather:

AMP is a broker that also offers a data feed (cqg?). Next you need to configure a front end (sierra charts) to connect to the data feed.

What I don't understand is who do I send the orders to? when I make a trade on sierra charts, does the order get routed to AMP -> Order Router -> CQG? Or does sierra charts send the order directly to Order Router -> CQG?

I ask because it seems Sierra charts is phasing out CQG and now they use TT. If Sierra charts sends orders directly to TT, how does AMP know about these orders?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

3. lems

lems

thanks, i saw that but thought it was for europe questions for whatever reason. I will post there as well.

4. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Sierra Chart is currently only available at AMP Global (USA) - so lets keep this topic here.

AMP is a broker that also offers a data feed (cqg?). Next you need to configure a front end (sierra charts) to connect to the data feed. YES

What I don't understand is who do I send the orders to? when I make a trade on sierra charts, does the order get routed to AMP -> Order Router -> CQG? Or does sierra charts send the order directly to Order Router -> CQG?
    Sierra (Client places order) > CQG (Risk check and order routing> Exchange....then reverse Exchange (Fills) > CQG (receives fill from Exchange - then Sends the Order Messages to Sierra) > Sierra (Client Views)

I ask because it seems Sierra charts is phasing out CQG and now they use TT. If Sierra charts sends orders directly to TT, how does AMP know about these orders?
    From our understanding, Sierra is NOT phasing out CQG - they will continue to integrate with all datafeeds being used by customers. If customer wants to use TT for trade routing, AMP will setup an order routing account via TT for you.

We have many customers using Sierra Chart using CQG, Rithmic and TT.

Here is an article with details on Sierra Chart (pricing) versions available at AMP - Package 3 is FREE (No Monthly Fee) or Package 5 is Discounted price ($25 per month) for AMP Customers.

https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en...ierra-Chart-pricing-versions-available-at-AMP

Once live account is funded with minimum of $100 you will get streaming, continual access to both live and demo.

We look forward to supporting you reach your trading goals!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  5. lems

lems

hi amp_global. thanks for replying so fast!

In regards to SC and CQG: https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=46231
    Maybe in the future they will no longer support it? not sure.

I guess the one question that you didn't answer was that if the flow goes SC -> CQG -> Exchange -> Back to CQG -> SC, how does amp the broker know that I traded and to update my P&L? Do you guys just query CQG and settle the funds separately?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019