Oanda disconnects

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Esteban, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Esteban

Esteban

I have been using the Oanda game site for the past 30 days, all was well until about a week ago. At that time it started to disconnect three or four times per day. It applys to the beta version also.
    The message I receive is "Unable to connect to server"
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. Yes.. The game is always disconnected. The real one works fine tho....

3. Esteban

Esteban

Thanks for the prompt response.
    Steve

4. cstfx

cstfx

On the game there are frequent disconnects of late because they are trying to add some improvements to the trading platform and they'd rather screw up on the demo than on the live, production system. (Unlike another ubiquitous trading firm that seems to out out new versions of its platform before they beta test it). Don't sweat it. The live feed has been pretty good lately.

5. Yes, I have a practice account and I've been losing my connection often during the past few days.

6. cstfx

cstfx

Since I posted my response, I put up a practice account to compare, and sure enough there was a disconnect the past few minutes, but the live account was not interrupted.

7. AndresS

AndresS

Hello,

We have been doing a lot of testing on FXGame in the past week which has been causing the disconnections. We posted a notice on our forums to alert users to the testing, we also chose the holiday period to do most of the work so that fewer users would be affected.

There will be some additional testing this coming weekend which may also cause disconnections.

We apologize if the testing has caused any inconvenience.

Regards,
    Andres
    OANDA Corp.

8. Both the game and live platform have had connection issues quite commonly in the past. As of right now, 8:40AM EST, the live platform is next to impossible to get in to.

This happens a lot near news releases, particularly the NFP.

9. lol, Oanda have a new trick! Instead of widending spreads to 20 pips around NFP or disconnecting people they just quote 20 pips off market!

Ah, I hear you say, why not take advantage of the off market quotes? Not a chance, you can't get filled. It's brilliant, top marks to Stumm and Olson for their innovative ways to screw clients!

Oh you guys, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

[​IMG]

10. I had no such problem with IB today... :)

News came out, spread was 1 pip on EUR USD, 2 pips on USDCAD and all was well :D

#10     Jan 4, 2008