ON THE BLOCK This 277-square-foot S.F. studio had a buyer in four days

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Feb 23, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. $418,000 for 277 square feet? The world has gone insane.

dealmaker likes this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

I don't see a bubble as of yet. What's driving the prices up in the Bay area is the tech jobs, SF is only 49 square miles, at the tip of a peninsula so there is no room to grow thus as long as tech and related industries IE angel & venture capital, asset management etc., keeps creating jobs and SF's housing prices will go up.

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Here's a silly question...
    But how in the world do cops, teachers, etc eek out an existence there? Let alone the min wage employees. Must be a long ass daily commute.

5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Simple answer is they don't, they live 30-60 miles away in Novato, Rohnert Park etc., though policemen and firefighters with over time do make over $100k which is nothing in SF eg http://www.mercurynews.com/2012/09/08/contra-costa-grapples-with-high-firefighter-payouts/
    I see a lot of restaurant employees, bohemians living 5, 10 to an apartment. In the city ( and Bay area) you have a lot of Asians ( majority) and most of them live in an extended family environment.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

DM.... if I was out there... I'd be buying everything I could afford in the middle price range out in Novato, Rohnert Park and flipping them like pancakes. Hot markets like you have going on right now out there are a 1000 times more profitable than trading. If you have the $'s, its low hanging fruit. Being nimble is key. As long as no end is in sight... buy above the ask.... and sell. Just like stocks in a super-bull market.

Cuddles, marketsurfer and dealmaker like this.
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Pre-2008 almost every other person were flipping homes, I haven't come across that many flippers this time around.

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its tougher to get a mortgage now. That's why I said "if you have cash". Its low hanging fruit in that market right now.

9. dealmaker

dealmaker

While I am sure there are investors still flipping, we are now past the point of easy money; markets are now efficient and its up-to the pros to flip. You don't want to be in an episode of "DEED".

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    #10     Feb 25, 2017