one nation under dog

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Turok, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Turok

Turok

Students with guts, willing to stand for something. Very nice

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298336,00.html

BOULDER, Colo. — About 50 Boulder High School students walked out of class Thursday to protest the daily reading of the Pledge of Allegiance and recited their own version, omitting "one nation, under God."

The students say the phrase violates the constitutional separation of church and state.

They also say the daily reading of the pledge over the school public address system at the start of the second class takes away from education time and is ignored or mocked by some students.

A state law passed in 2004 requires schools to offer the opportunity to recite the pledge each day but does not require students to participate.

The protesting students, members of the Student Worker Club, want administrators to hold the pledge reading in the auditorium during each of the school's two lunch periods for any students who want to participate.

Otherwise, they said, they plan to walk out each Thursday when the pledge is read and recite their version, which omits the reference to God and adds allegiance to constitutional rights, diversity and freedom, among other things.

"Boulder High has a highly diverse population, not all of whom believe in God, or one God," said Emma Martens, a senior and president of the club, which has about a dozen members.

"We didn't think it was fair for the whole school to have to listen to it. It's almost religious oppression," she said.

Principal Bud Jenkins told the Camera newspaper on its Web site Thursday the pledge will not be moved, but added he was proud of the students for standing up for their beliefs.

It was not immediately clear what discipline, if any, the protesting students would face.

2. They aren't old enough to know whether they believe in God or not. Kids in school are not adults they aren't even little adults.

3. auspiv

auspiv

I pledge allegiance to the flag and my constitutional rights with which it comes. And to the diversity, in which our nation stands, one nation, part of one planet, with liberty, freedom, choice and justice for all.

4. What part of they're not required to recite it did you miss? Typical leftwing thugs. They want to decide for the whole school what other kids can hear. Simple solution. Suspend them until they follow the policy.

5. Turok

Turok

AAA:
    >What part of they're not required to recite
    >it did you miss?

Tell you what -- let's let some athiest chant anti-god slogans in your unwilling childs ear twice a day...

Oh, it will be OK with AAA, because his kids aren't required to sing along. ROFLAO

>Typical leftwing thugs. They want to decide for the
    >whole school what other kids can hear.

What part of...

"The protesting students, members of the Student Worker Club, want administrators to hold the pledge reading in the auditorium during each of the school's two lunch periods for any students who want to participate.

...did YOU miss. (You moron)

No one is trying to make something NOT be heard (and you know this you intellectually dishonest twit). They just don't believe that you should have to hear it if you DON'T want to.

The further away from the moderate view you go (right or left), the more hypocritical they get. AAA is one perfect example.

JB

6. "Tell you what -- let's let some athiest chant anti-god slogans in your unwilling childs ear twice a day..."

No need for that, those kids are carrying around dollar bills in there pocket that say in God we trust. Guess we got the last laugh.

7. Spoiled little bastards.

I guess MTV was showing reruns the week that they brainstormed this brilliant idea.

Here is a glimpse of this all started...

Scene 1-- Three dimwitted high school bitches are watching reruns of MTV's "The Hills".

Stupid 17 year old cunt--- "Hey, let's be really rebellious and get our names in the paper".

Brainless follower twat #1-- "Cool, what should we do"?

Brainless follower twat #2-- "Ummm, yeah whatever you guys think up I'll do because you're my only friends".

Stupid 17 year old cunt-- "We can protest the Pledge of Allegiance....I think those old hippies used to do that in like the 60's or something".

Brainless follower twat #1-- "Awesome, maybe then boys will notice me".

Brainless follower twat #2-- "I'm in. I'll do anything if you guys keep hanging out with me".

And the rest is history....