Opinion: A 27-year-old truck driver just became Robinhood’s first big headache of 2022

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Jan 11, 2022.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. curious if IB is also liable. I rode the GME wave up and down and screen-shotted this failed order in case this day would come.

upload_2022-1-12_13-46-45.png

3. JSOP

JSOP

Should be so along with all of the brokers that imposed trading restrictions on that day. The way that they did to restrict people's profits on that day was despicable; it goes directly against the principle of fair dealing and seamless market. I hope they all pay and should pay.

terzioglu likes this.
  4. HOOD has worse problems to worry about right now. And the way they are burning through cash, won't be around in the near future once their chest runs out.

I think this brokerage will go down in history as a SPECIAL study in FAIL. Most likely talked about in textbooks.

terzioglu likes this.
  5. i'd pursue that.

6. JSOP

JSOP

What Robinhood is doing is nothing special. Market-making brokers in retail forex have been doing this for years. Robinhood has just tried to port this over to now the stock market. Not sure if it will warrant a special study in textbooks, maybe a one-line mention and that's about it. LOL