Order rejected - reason:Invalid value in field #8016

Discussion in 'Trading' started by yc47ib, Feb 22, 2022.

1. yc47ib

yc47ib

I was trying to use TWS API to put in an options credit spread order, and got the above message. I went through everywhere but cannot find what the code 8016 means.

I tried to chat on IBKR.com with a Tech support, he just dissappeared not being able to find an answer.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

2. xandman

xandman

upload_2022-2-22_15-31-49.png

TradingVenueRegulatoryTradeID

yc47ib likes this.
  3. yc47ib

yc47ib

Thank you so much xandman.

Can you kindly provide the source of the text of the screen capture you uploaded? Thank you!

4. xandman

xandman

https://business.bofa.com/content/d...D17_1174/BofA_MiFID_II_FIX_Specifications.pdf

This document outlines thechanges for BofA Securities, BofA Europe DAC, BofA Securities Europe SociétéAnonyme(seethe 44TUBofASecurities Entities ListU) 44T and otheraffiliates of BofASecuritiesrelated to FIX messaging specifications being implemented to supportMiFID II/R forequity (and equity-like) and FFOinstruments.Muchof the material here is based onwork performed by theFIX Trading Community’s MiFIDworking groups(notablytheTransparency, Transaction Reporting and Order Record Keepingworking groups).

yc47ib likes this.
  5. xandman

xandman

If the error code was a proprietary IBKR "errorCode=" , I would expect an equivalent "errorMSG=" output.

yc47ib likes this.
  6. yc47ib

yc47ib

Thank you so much!

7. yc47ib

yc47ib