Prop Industry Live Audio Chat

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Nov 17, 2006.

1. OK, Baron has given Maverick and I permission to promote a live audio chat for all the ET'ers.

There has been a lot of information and misinformation spread around lately, so he and I will be answering questions live.

Since this is going to be audio, we are going to use the free Paltalk forum.

If you're not a member of Paltalk, just go to www.paltalk.com and set up a free account.

You will then go to "Join a room" - Categor=Business and Finance Sub-Category= Daytrading

Room Name is "Proprietary Trading Forum"

I'll try to have the room open all day so you can be sure your speakers work.

You can type in questions, and ask for a microphone to ask questions or make comments.

Please keep this thread in this ET category until then.

Thursday, November 30, 4:15 Eastern

Thanks.....see you all there,

(Feel free to ask questions ahead of time either here on by PM or email to don@stocktrading.com)

Mav?

Don

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don, you might want to tell them what day this will be and the time.

3. What do you mean, you better re-read the first post...(caught it in time for edit, LOL).

Don

4. DMFist

DMFist

This sounds like a really cool idea , I've been reading these forums for awhile and you two guys sound like you're some of the more experienced people on these forums.
    I definitely appreciate that you guys are setting this thing up.
    I'll be there with some questions for you guys & TIA.

5. Yeah, we're hoping to have a really nice, casual and comfortable discussion about anything and everything to do with trading for a living.

Please, everyone...send in some of your questions ahead of time, direct them to either one of us or both of us, and we can hopefully get the most out of this event. Especially anything detailed like regulatory questions, so I/we can chat with our Compliance Officers ahead of time.

If it goes over well, we will invite others to join in on another chat forum.

Don

6. Fractal

Fractal

Excellent idea.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Also, for those of you that keep PMing questions about options or tape reading, this is your chance to ask anything you want. Don and I will answer any questions pertaining to trading for a living. Bob will probably cover more the equity side, and I'll cover more the futures and options side.

8. Sailing

Sailing

don & mav,

Most people tuning it will probably be well versed at traditional retail margin option strategies.

I think it would be nice to show or explain how 'haircut' margin be most effeciently be used...

1. What option strategies can 'haircut' margin most effectively produce capital return on capital risk?

2. How can equites combined with options effectively reduce risk, yet increase potential capital return.

3. With your experiences, what are some of the way you use 'haircut margin' most effeciently in your trading.

I will have about 75 people tuning in for the broadcast....

Thanks,

Murray
    Grand Rapids Investment Club

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

75? Oh Lord. LOL.

10. I hope the conversations can mostly be done on microphones. This would be great. I find it pretty distracting to be typing and reading so I dont hang out in a chat room but if you could just ask questions on a mike that would be cool.

#10     Nov 20, 2006