Psychological advice

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by fadfx, Dec 3, 2022.

1. fadfx

fadfx

So, theory is certainly a good thing, you can endlessly understand the problems, make conclusions and deductions, but you can't do without practice. A couple of psychological tips:

1. This point is very interesting. (I am often asked), what is wrong in the screenshots, can give some advice. Guys, honestly, I do not know what is going on in your head. Question that leads me to this: Tell me the logic of the situation. The answer: EMA crossed here (it doesn't bother me if I see a sideways movement on the screenshot and EMA does not work), the divergence here, Fibonacci is hanging there (if I draw on the forehead and make a forecast, it may work), and the trend is broken through here and that is it. At this moment I pour myself a cognac, I do understand what I smell. It smells of imposed ideas, which people believe in and hope that this will help them, because everything has worked out well for others. They have not even thought that they have used a lot of indicators which other traders have spent years or dozens of years of hard work on. They threw them on the chart and: now I will make money. The next standard request: the more screenshots of your transactions, the better. And here, too, there are two such opposites, either there are no screenshots (bad), or there are a lot of them. And then the most interesting thing, from 20-30 screenshots, most often you can see the true style, with specks of garbage, but nevertheless one handwriting is traceable, regardless of method. Check this easily: a few screenshots with similar logic to show and just a question, what is here? And then the most interesting thing, the man is able to talk. Competently describes the logic of the entrance. It is worth to give screenshots that are different and typical standard phrases: moving averages, divergence, fractal, etc. Repeat the cycle, and I am convinced that for man is the truth. The advice is simple: sit down and watch your screenshots until you get bored. If you look at them and do not understand anything, then marked and deleted. If the picture is more or less understandable, then put it aside. Then traced these situations in more detail, found that you most understandable, and what you can shamefully throw out. Remained a miserable amount of screenshots and situations, this continues to further clarify and understand. I've been working on this until I'm even better, and so on until I'm absolutely sure that it works. I have put together a trading system this way and am still continuing to refine it. Don't thank me. In the future you'll be expecting something along the lines of, "Ahhh this is genius, my guess works". So you're on the right track.

2. easymon1

easymon1

So, theory is certainly a good thing, you can endlessly understand the problems, make conclusions and deductions, but you can't do without practice. A couple of psychological tips:

1. This point is very interesting.
    (I am often asked), what is wrong in the screenshots, can give some advice.
    Guys, honestly, I do not know what is going on in your head.

Question that leads me to this: Tell me the logic of the situation.
    The answer: EMA crossed here (it doesn't bother me if I see a sideways movement on the screenshot and EMA does not work), the divergence here, Fibonacci is hanging there (if I draw on the forehead and make a forecast, it may work), and the trend is broken through here and that is it.

At this moment I pour myself a cognac, I do understand what I smell.
    It smells of imposed ideas, which people believe in and hope that this will help them, because everything has worked out well for others.

They have not even thought that they have used a lot of indicators which other traders have spent years or dozens of years of hard work on.
    They threw them on the chart and: now I will make money.

The next standard request: the more screenshots of your transactions, the better.
    And here, too, there are two such opposites, either there are no screenshots (bad), or there are a lot of them.

And then the most interesting thing, from 20-30 screenshots, most often you can see the true style, with specks of garbage, but nevertheless one handwriting is traceable, regardless of method.

Check this easily: a few screenshots with similar logic to show and just a question, what is here?
    And then the most interesting thing, the man is able to talk.

Competently describes the logic of the entrance.
    It is worth to give screenshots that are different and typical standard phrases: moving averages, divergence, fractal, etc.

Repeat the cycle, and I am convinced that for man is the truth.
    The advice is simple: sit down and watch your screenshots until you get bored.

If you look at them and do not understand anything, then marked and deleted.
    If the picture is more or less understandable, then put it aside.

Then traced these situations in more detail, found that you most understandable, and what you can shamefully throw out.
    Remained a miserable amount of screenshots and situations, this continues to further clarify and understand.

I've been working on this until I'm even better, and so on until I'm absolutely sure that it works.
    I have put together a trading system this way and am still continuing to refine it.

Don't thank me. In the future you'll be expecting something along the lines of, "Ahhh this is genius, my guess works".
    So you're on the right track.

Axon likes this.
  3. Lol what

4. easymon1

easymon1

Good Question.
    fadfx, Whatchoo talkin' bout, man?

5. fadfx

fadfx

Money.
    The demo account is useful only for the first 1-2 months, just to practice, to understand where to put it and how to count the lot. There's no point in sitting any further, not at all. You're just getting hooked on the funnies, fantasizing about sports cars/golden toilets/choosing your own option. Don't forget the old rule: Beginners get lucky. Minimum deposit and minimum deal enter, accustom yourself to work with real money. For example forex and cent account . This is better:
    a) you're sober about your efforts
    b) you see your real progress on the real account.
    Nobody forces you to transfer a fortune there. Nerves do not burn and you feel good. At the same time, you get accustomed to work with a financed deal and observe the risks. And you know what else, you don't have to spit over small amounts. You've dropped $100, you've made $5, you're very cool, I'm serious. And then already when you have honed your skills and abilities, you should think about scaling up your deposit.

6. fadfx

fadfx

Money 2.0.
    You should, just have to feel the fruits of your labors. Deposit $50-100, earn $10-20, it's time to spend. Withdraw and spend your profits. I don't know what on, beer, knickknacks, groceries, order sushi, amazon for change, whatever. You have to feel the fruits of your efforts. And realize that this, you earned by clicking your mouse, working with your head, not your hands. Then you can make an analogy to your daily wage, count how much of your daily wage you earned, or maybe you even earned your daily wage by clicking the keys in the warm and cozy. I used to love to draw analogies with cab drivers. How much he makes a day to earn a conditional $ 30-40 dollars (in our country is the average figure, minus car rent and other things, not much is left on hand), and I sit in front of the monitor and chew snot. And then, all frustrated, I go make coffee and go play computer games. While others bend over backwards for less money. Such analogies are sobering.

7. The best psychological advice I would like to give is to have a strong mindset. This is what keeps you going long in the forex

8. easymon1

easymon1

+1

9. Yeah mindset is something that really matters in the market and accounts for 80% of performance.

10. ron_887

ron_887

Having a strong mindset is what helps a trader to be more consistent with his trading learning.

#10     Jan 10, 2023