PTON - Peloton Drops 23+ After Hours

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JamesSierra, Nov 4, 2021.

1. I actually looked at it today thinking about buying a put. Kinda late now lol. I know overnight gaps can be bad, but yea didn't know they could be that bad.

pton.png

2. RedSun

RedSun

DOT COM #2 AGAIN.

3. GotherL

GotherL

You got a lot to learn.

That was an earnings miss. Which is why the puts were more expensive than usual.

Would've paid off but ER's are always a gamble.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    KCalhoun and Handle123 like this.
  4. Handle123

Handle123

5. maxinger

maxinger

what a beautiful chart.
    quite a beautiful descending trend line & descending triangle
    with 81 as support.

will 81 support hold?

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

it was at 60 when you wrote this so my guess is no.

7. zdreg

zdreg

The list is useless. Nearly all names on that list are not competitors of PTON.

8. zdreg

zdreg

re: historical rally
    Japan was the mother of all rallies. the Japan Stock Market Index (JP225) reached an all time high of 38957.44 in December of 1989.
    In 1983 it was at 7584 before going up 5x
    followed by80% loss. Index bottomed at 7854 in Dec. 2002.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ahhhh, it'll just creep back down. I don't think there'll be some kind of violent multi-day pullback. I can't see any catalysts for that right now. There's always a geopolitical risk I guess, but even at that, despite the fear-mongers regarding Taiwan, China's just blowing smoke, they're not gonna do anything. The real wildcard would be in the Middle East and hopefully between us and Israel, we have a handle intel-wise on that. Anything else will just be a btfd event.

Draw a 12% channel on the Naz and S&P, put the top about 1.5% above where we're at now as a worse case, that should put the bottom near the October lows. All things being equal, we'll stay in that channel for awhile.

10. maxinger

maxinger

I have a lousy free chart.

OK. now I can see the price is 60.

There must be many happy traders laughing all the way to the banks.

#10     Nov 5, 2021