Recommend Books on Specific Markets?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by zghorner, Jul 28, 2022.

1. zghorner

zghorner

my fundamental game is weak...Been reading some pretty general stuff lately relating to trading and want to learn more detailed info about the different markets...how they react to various events, correlation with other markets, etc...mainly interested in crude and grains but want to learn more about any futures market if you think it is worth the read.

thanks ET.

2. USDJPY

USDJPY

I would watch the Paul Tudor Jones documentary, "Trader." It's available on Youtube. There's a segment where he trades crude oil ahead of an OPEC meeting.

zghorner likes this.
  3. zghorner

zghorner

Seen it twice lol. Thanks.

4. USDJPY

USDJPY

Sorry, I don't know of any books other than Market Wizards. The Bruce Kovner interview is the most informative in my opinion.

zghorner likes this.
  5. zghorner

zghorner

it's funny you mention that. I am listening to that audiobook right now due to driving for vacation (just finished Richard Dennis and starting PTJ)...read it several years ago when I first started trading and this time listening feels like the first and exactly what sparked this thread. Listening to these guys talk reminded me that I absolutely don't know shit about markets haha.

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Admittedly funnymentals are not my thing but I'd said John Murphy's books (Intermarket Analysis is one) are what I would look into. Also Murray Ruggiero.

zghorner likes this.
  7. zghorner

zghorner

I'm right there with you...genuinely do not trust fundamental info and let price dictate my position...just really want to expand my knowledge because I find it interesting.

thanks for the recommendation.

SunTrader likes this.
  8. deaddog

deaddog

upload_2022-7-28_17-52-33.png

zghorner likes this.
  9. zghorner

zghorner

10. deaddog

deaddog

Written in the early 90s I think. One of the better books I have read on commodities.

#10     Jul 28, 2022
    zghorner likes this.