Recommend Some Educational Resources on Futures Trading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by zghorner, Feb 14, 2022.

1. zghorner

zghorner

any books or youtubers or chat groups that you consider as good educational resources on futures trading? I have read "Commodities for Dummies" and Hull's "Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives" so far and the latter was extremely helpful.

Just looking for some more material to digest.

thanks ET.

2. mikeriley

mikeriley

There are free courses here --->https://www.cmegroup.com

When you get bored with cme website courses, try The Complete Guide to the Futures Market
    by Jack Schwager

Just my opinion, but my best teacher was losing money.

To your trading success.

spooz and zghorner like this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

That.

Like the expression, best way to find your way around new places is to get yourself lost.

Best way to learn not to lose money too often, is to lose money too often early on.

mikeriley and zghorner like this.
  4. zghorner

zghorner

im down close to $100k in 3 years lol I'm tired of losing money.

5. I cringe reading that, mostly because Youtube is one of the biggest breeding grounds for fake gurus which has no end of sight of them.

As for books, look for ones authored by legit floor-traders. And even then, bigger-book doesn't mean better info. One in my library was nothing but fluff and the only information really given was that you should make sure you sleep well so you can think/trade better the next day.

Oh really? Amazing!

zghorner likes this.
  6. That's expected. Futures is very competitive and retail traders are going to get their asses handed to them. Only 3% of futures traders IIRC are profitable.

It is very unreasonable to think that someone new to this is going to make big buckx.

The worst thing that can happen, is you win early, then think 'this is easy', like some dumb-fuck millennial and start planning your retirement-early strategy.

My futures trading is more of a 'keep it as a hobby' and enjoy life.

zghorner likes this.