Recommendation for a Futures Options broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SoCalOptionsWriter, May 5, 2022.

1. I don't believe NinjaTrader offers futures options, despite what its advertising says, and I'm not sure about TradeStation. I've used Schwab (not as bad as you might think) and IB (not as good as you might think) but I'm wondering who else is out there. Running about 150K, doing almost nothing but selling naked ES calls way OTM with 45 to 90 day DTE, usually less than a 10 lot each time. I'm ultra-cost sensitive and demand 100% SPAN (which is how IB lost me -- jacking my margin up to 200% SPAN).

2. I really like TD Ameritrade with the thinkorswim platform.

Golden Snake likes this.
  3. Ironbeam

4. Maybe I missed something but I saw no indications of them brokering OPTIONs on FUTURES. Let me know if I am wrong and where I can get pertinent information on margin and commission.

5. Ironbeam likes this.
  6. after 25+ years of using IB and Schwab, this past year I moved some money from IB to AMP and from Schwab to Think or swim. So far I am very happy with both..

Overnight likes this.
  7. I am never trading options or futures, but trading in the CFD market uses an FXOpen broker, usually, I trade in major pairs and sometimes gold and silver. tight spread and volatility is my reason choose gold or silver.

8. trading major pairs is really safe and sounds than others. i always like to major due to their comfortable spreads.

9. but i like to trade exotic pairs in demo to see the performance how it works.

10. this can be a good approach , good luck

#10     Jun 14, 2022