Recommendations Standart Forex Broker + API

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Malaga, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Malaga

Malaga

Hello,

I post this new thread because I couldn't find any reliable recommendations on what I am looking for.

I'm trading with automatic programs only, and I'm looking for a Forex Broker with an API that can send quotes in real time, but not by REST API, with websocket or FIX, for a real-time data feed. If the Broker work with a 3rd Party for the real-time data feed is good too.

If someone is using a Forex Brokers with a Full API (from real-time data feed, to send/close orders), I would like to know which brokers are the most professional.

I know that brokers generally have minimum requirements for FIX API, and I couldn't find any brokers with low requirements (almost all ask for a deposit > 25K$), or the one which ask for small deposit (5K$), they don't display much informations about their API, not even the available requests.

Also, I am not looking for ECN Forex Brokers, I need a broker with no other fees than the Ask/Bid, even if the spread is > 1 pip.

If anyone can recommend me a good Forex broker that fits my needs, with a minimum deposit < 5K$, or one with which allow demo account that works with the API.

I would like to try my algorithm.

Thank you, Malaga

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. Interactive?

3. southall

southall

IB have 10K account opening requirement and charge commission.

OandA claim to have various API types including FIX but i have never used them myself (so cant recommend them directly) but here is the link:

http://developer.oanda.com/rest-live/api-comparison/

4. Right, I never used Oanda too but at least from what I heard, it is a strong platform for algo traders