RecommendVPS for Backtesting and Optimization with NinjaTrader

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by SimpleMeLike, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Hello all,

I use Ninjatrader 8 to develop algos to back test and optimize. I am always on the go away from home, and would be great to login to powerful server via VPS and to do my optimizations and backtesting and coding from different locations.

Can anyone recommend some good VPS (good memory and CPU cores) service I can use for NinjaTrader back testing?

32 Cores and lots of memory would be good

Thank you,

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  2. I use Fasthosts, pretty decent prices for a Linux VPS

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. Thank you angrytrader

guest_trader_1 likes this.
  4. Back testing in Ninja 8 is not accurate or reliable according to Ninja 8 : https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?discrepancies_real-time_vs_bac.htm

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  5. Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  6. 18-22%
    18-27% miscalculation rate between back test and forward walk -1 out of 4 trades wrong - how could that be good enough for anyone? And that is for time-based trades; tick based is worse. Or did you not know? No wonder the world uses Trade Station.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. ZBZB

ZBZB

www.ninjamobiletrader.com www.chartvps.com www.speedytradingservers.com

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. Good Morning mason macgregorson,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I respect your comments and trying to provide me quality information. It is great to know this.

And I respect your comments because I know you have a live algo that is producing well for you.

Well, there is nothing much I can say or argue about against the stats your provided. Numbers never lie.

Thank you very much for providing me this information. It will help me in my algo building journey.

9. rb7

rb7

You can also connect remotely to your home rig.
    That's what I do.
    No VPS.
    I have total control over all gears.
    Money wise, not sure there is a big difference. But if you want 32 cores and lots of memory, that will not be cheap.

#10     Apr 13, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.